Tuesday, 31 March 2015

Miss Maggie (an Alicia Paulson Pattern)

I'm popping by to show you my finished Miss Maggie.  I loved making her, though I found her boots a little bit fiddly (they were well worth it in the end), and I'm not convinced about the cape!
The pattern itself was so beautifully written and easy to follow.  I didn't buy the kit and was able to get by using just scraps I had at home other than one large piece of grey felt.
She reminds me of the Little Grey Rabbit books by Alison Uttley that I used to read and enjoy as a child, I even chose the fabric for her dress on the basis that I vaguely remember she wore a yellow dress in one of the stories...
She is going to look very pretty next to my Easter tree this year.  I will have to keep her somewhere safe though as I don't think she will withstand being played with, she is purely decorative.
In other news, it is the Easter holidays here and we are enjoying sitting around in our pyjamas this morning. I'm going to visit some blogs and then later on we are going to see the new Cinderella film at the cinema with some friends.  Pretty much a perfect holiday plan in my book!
What are you doing today?

6 comments:

  1. i know what you're saying about the cape, it doesn't look as delicate as her other clothes. She is gorgeous, I love the yellow fabric. Master Clicky should be revising but not much else happening here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love Miss Maggie and keep seeing them pop up on other blogs every so often. I am not a fan of hand sewing so much, so I guess I will hold off purchasing one. It is always a treat to see a new post up by you! Have fun at Cinderella-that is one I want to see too--and your day sounds perfect in every way.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. .-"-.
    .'=^=^='.
    /=^=^=^=^=\
    :^= HAPPY =^;
    |^ EASTER! ^|
    :^=^=^=^=^=^:
    \=^=^=^=^=/
    `.=^=^=.'
    `~~~`
    I love your Maggie bunny, good job on her! I want to see that movie myself. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Miss Maggie is sweet indeed, and she may be tougher than you think. My Miss Maggie is surviving visits from my gaggle of grand girls...one boot went missing for a bit but she is still in tact after several years of wear and tear :) I made her from supplies I bought rather than from the kit, too. Wishing you and yours blessings always xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is all kinds of wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, your Miss Maggie is so sweet! I bought the kit when it first came out but have still not opened it. Thinking of gifting it to my sister who has a lot more patience with hand sewing. Love the dress fabric that you chose.

    ReplyDelete