Friday, 31 October 2014

Sometimes...

Sometimes it is important just to get on with the business of living: new jobs, growing kids, Strictly Come Dancing - all can distract from blogging.  Sometimes not a lot has happened which is worthy of photographing and sharing.  Sometimes we just aren't in the mood.  I'm not sure why my blog is on the back burner at the moment.  I think quite a lot of it is work taking over but I'm happy at work so that's fine I think.  Anyway, I have no intention of shutting up shop, I may be rather intermittant but I'm still a blogger and I still have things to share.

So, first of all, here is a finished object...
It is, I am sure many of you will know, a Hitchhiker made from 100g of Zinnia Ooak from Fivemoons Yarns.  I don't know how many times I have started this project in various yarns since I picked up my needles again a few years ago, I can certainly recall at least three attempts!  I am really happy to have it done and dusted. Towards the end all of that garter stitch in really long rows got a bit dull but I think the end result is lovely and it was a great match for this beautiful yarn.  Here it is again in a different pose...
I even managed the 42 spikes which I was pretty happy about.
Now I have another pair of socks on my needles and a certain crochet project has been requested by one of my little people.  They are both very under the weather at the moment with high temperatures and sore throats so we aren't enjoying half term nearly as much as we usually do.  It is a mark of how poorly she is that L doesn't even care that she can't go Trick or Treating this evening.  B says she is well enough to go, I think I'll suggest to Mr HT that he keeps quite close to home in case she takes a turn for the worse while they're out.
Still, all this staying at home has given me a chance to take some photos of recent projects and also to get ahead with some Christmas crafting, notably these Christmas Gnomes...
from this pattern.  I haven't sewn them together yet because I thought that might be best done on my sewing machine but they are lots of fun to make and offer quick gratification.  I sort of have a plan to make one for each person who comes to our house for Christmas lunch, but perhaps 13 is a bit of a stretch.

It's fun to be back, I'll make a point of visiting some of you soon.  Sorry if this post is full of typos, B is sitting on my knee and it's rather distracting.

11 comments:

  1. The shawl looks lovely. Especially the top photo, where I like the blurry bit. I am thinking of knitting one for my mum, so have been looking at shawl patterns, of which there seem to be hundreds. Confusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What perfect yarn for a hitchhiker! I know what you mean about time for life and none being left over for blogging, feel like I've not blogged in ages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Hitchhiker looks amazing. I have had it in my library forever, and yet have never made it. You are tempting me now.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shawl is magnificent! Bravo! You will get a ton of compliments on it.

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Hitchhiker. I feel bad mine is aside somewhere. The gnome is cute. I love your container of bits and Bob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry your names are ill. Yucky bugs this year. I hope they get well soon.

      Delete
  6. wow the hitchhiker shawl is stunning and the yarn is perfect for it. hmmm socks still not quite mastered that one, but I will.
    I do hope the little ones are feeling brighter soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on being on a back burner. I've blogged twice recently but before that I think it was September. I can't even say why, I just didn't. I think it's ok though, we're all allowed a holiday.

    Now that scarf is amazing! Those are my favourite colours and it's in my favourite stitch!

    And awww to the Christmas gnomes, what a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute pattern! I love the way it drapes at that angle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for posting and letting me admire your good work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the felt gnomes! I tried the link and searching on her new site, but was unable to find the pattern. I would love to have it if you still have it. Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete