Friday, 4 July 2014

FO Friday, more socks!

Oh how I loved making these socks.  I have waxed lyrical about the colours before so I won't bore you again but I remain besotted by them...
The details:  The yarn was Opal Little Prince (7767), the free opal sock pattern is available in most shops which stock Opal yarns (I added the slip stitch heels for fun), my needles were 2.5 knit pro carbonz which I find very comfortable to use.
So there they are, all finished.  They behaved very well during the making process, no unpicking or dropped stitches or any other disasters.  Just a word about my sock blockers, they were made for me by my Father In Law and I love the way the socks look on them.  I had no idea how much difference blocking would make to the finished sock but they came of the blockers looking absolutely immaculate.  If I were the sort of generous hearted person who gave socks away then I would definitely block them first.
It's nearly the end of term and I'm so looking forward to spending some time in blog land again.  I hope you are all well and happy!

9 comments:

  1. They are lovely, I am in LOVE with the yarn you used to make them.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meredith typed the words before I could, Harriet :) It has been sooooo long since I have worked on socks. Yours are perfect and inspire me to want to knit more myself! Hoping you have a wonderful end of term celebration! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these to. What patriotic spirit is has for your country and mine. Love the vintage vibe of the muted colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Socks. Beautiful yarn. Enjoy. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. and why not Hilly as they look absolutely stunning....love those colours!!!


    keep well

    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors are so pretty. Love those handcrafted sock blockers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now they are gorgeous socks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What excellent socks! I can just imagine wearing them when the weather turns, wiggling my toes inside! I need to get on with some sock making. I feel like I'm missing out!

    ReplyDelete