Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Works in Progress and Joining the Yarn Along

Two of my projects are getting a regular airing at the moment and they are both knitted.  I seem to have a bit of a thing for knitting at the moment, perhaps buoyed on by the success of my first pair of socks.

So here is my Color Affection, it grows slowly but now I am on the third of the four sections, the section where you use all three colours together...
I'm still quite enjoying this one and I like it much more now that I am using the pink, I had got rather bored of the grey and blue section, the pink has given it quite a lift.

Underneath it you can see the book I am reading, The Busy Girls Guide to Digital Photography by Lorna Yabsley.  This was bought for me by Mr HT who feels that my photography could do with some improvement, especially if I am going to inflict it upon the world through the medium of my blog.  I know he's right and have to say that despite the patronising name (it's part of a series so the author had no part in that) it is a really good book.  I have only read the first chapter but it's digestible and not boring, unlike every other book on photography I have ever tried to read.  I already know a little more than I did yesterday and I didn't fall asleep once whilst reading it.  So far a thumbs up from me.

Here is my second WIP, artfully arranged (plonked) next to an open page of the book so you can see the clear page layout...
Another pair of socks, this time with a slip stitch heel.  I'm gong to try and do a better job on the toes this time so they aren't so pointy.  The pattern is a highbred between the Opal one which came free with the last ball of yarn and Yarn Harlot's sock recipe.  I am a tad concerned that I might bore you with the number of socks I'm going to knit in the future, I'll try not to become a one trick knitter.

I have noticed recently that Tami is often too busy on a Friday for a FO Mr Linky post, it's good of her to keep going with the Wednesday one when she has so much on!  I wondered whether any of you are joining in somewhere else to show off your finished objects?  If you are could you let me know in the comments?

If you want to join in the WIP with Tami and Yarn Along with Ginny fun then just click on a link.

26 comments:

  1. Your projects look pretty, I love the shawl to be and I really like the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous projects and especially the socks as I've been wanting to make a striped pair for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors of that sock! I love love love sock knitting! So many different patterns to try. I'll never have time to knit all the ones I want to. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your socks and the long repeats, that seems to be the style these days, next time I'm shopping I'm picking up a hank or two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of colour always adds variety and makes completing a project more fun. The pink really works well! I love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the big stripes in your socks! Very cute. Good luck with the toe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the socks, the colours are a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to try to get a yarn along post up on my lunch break from my phone! We will see how easy that proves to be. :) I am hoping to knit more socks this year too--they are perfect take-along projects. I am working on a toe-up with a sweet tomato heel right now and is only the 2nd pair I have ever tried. I love yours!
    oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Color Affection is next on my shawl list and I love the colours your using!
    I can see I might have to add that book to my wish list, I have a brilliant camera, but no idea how to use it!
    Whats the yarn your using for your fab socks?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seeing your knitted things makes me want to break out my knitting needles. I have a collection of vintage faux tortoise shell ones that I adore. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your socks are gorgeous! Lovely colours :)

    I post my Friday posts on these two blogs as well as Tami's:

    http://wonderwhyalpacafarm.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Fiber%20Arts%20Friday

    http://www.naturalsuburbia.com/category/creative-friday

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe you could pass some photography tips on to all of us, I know I need some help in that department. Love your knitting.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colours of your shawl, it's gorgeous and I like the sound of this book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your socks are great and thanks for the book tip. I am always looking for ways to improve my photography.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the sound of that book!! You'll have to give a full review, so we all know if its a bust or not! And your Color Affection is great- I'm still stalled on my crochet version, so I love seeing the colors of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm always so impressed with people who knit socks. I love the bright stripey sock but the 4 needles scare me :) I will have to check out the book for my daughter. She takes her camera everywhere and is always very busy.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will have to check out that book. I get bored trying to read most of them. You will never bore me with socks! Color Affection is looking great so far! It was a fun knit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the colors for you Color Affection! I'm really thinking I might need to knit one…The socks look fabulous as well! And there's no way that I'll ever be bored of seeing socks so keep right on posting them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good progress on your projects! You inspire me :) And good for you studying photography...I have much to learn. I somehow or other hurt the shutter on my favorite camera so am trying to sort that out. Blessings to you and yours, Gracie xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those projects are absolutely brilliant, H!!!

    I especially like the Colour Affection - to be honest, I've never thought about combining blue and pink together before, but having seen how well they work in your shawl, they're on a (very long) list of colour combinations to try! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your projects are lovely you are right the pink looks great in your shawl, I love pink and blue it makes up a large part of my summer wardrobe ;)

    That book sounds good I might have to check it out, I have been looking at photography books but yet to find the 'right one', thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. There's just something so very motivating about a successfully knit first pair of socks, isn't there? I'm rather addicted now to sock knitting too. I love the happy stripy pair you're working on! And the Colour Affection looks enchanting.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very nice knitting. And the plonking looks very effective too. :-) Nothing I like more than books and yarn together.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the knits, especially the colorful sock. Thanks for the info on the book. I need to improve my photography also.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your Color Affection looks great! :) I love that pattern - I've made it three times so far!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can't wait to see your Color Affection in all of its glory! I love how you're using neutrals with a pop of color. This new sock has a bold and fun colorway.

    ReplyDelete