Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Pretty Tuesday

A beautiful skein of yarn arrived on my doorstep this week, ordered on a whim from five moons yarn...
In a week of sick children, long days at work and the sinking realisation that my house is a tip and needs a really good sort out and clean it made my day, so I thought I would share it with you.  I don't know exactly what it will be yet but I think it will be a knitted shawl or scarf, all suggestions are welcome.
Nestled in the parcel with it was a mini skein, also gorgeous...
Another thing which cheered me up...
 I love it when the shops are full of tulips.
So now I am not un-cheered any more.  I will tackle the house a cupboard or box or drawer a day, which has worked for me in the past. Sometimes I find I get on a roll and sort out a whole room, but no guilt at being unproductive is allowed as long as one cupboard or box is completed in the day.  I will finish my Color Affection and then I will cast something on with my lovely yarn.  I will buy more tulips.  I will remember that pink and red can look amazing together, especially with a bright leaf green.  I am also happy to have mostly caught up on everybody's blogs, sorry if I haven't quite got to yours yet.
And I may try to post something pretty every Tuesday, why not?

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that skein of yarn is gorgeous and I look forward to seeing what you make with it. I gave up a long time ago on having a perfectly tidy home. But one thing a day is a good goal.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is better than gorgeous yarn, enjoy.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy yarn! Bright cheerful colors are essential for a blah week. Organizing the house is an on-going never-ending task around these parts, too. Especially when I'm the only one who cares if the house is tidy or not. Hope the Color Affection is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great skein of yarn. It's like a field of tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is indeed a great yarn. The color is so vibrant and m sure the texture is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete