Friday, 2 May 2014

My Socky Wocks

It's done, I have achieved one of my craft aims in life, to knit a pair of socks.  They were so much fun to knit, I loved the whole process and cast on another pair as soon as I had finished them.
Anyway, here they are (a bit blurry, it was difficult taking a picture of my own feet) ...
These socks were knit from Opal Sweet and Spicy (Number 6754).  It was a lovely yarn to knit with.  On consulting the owner of one of my lovely LYSs she informed me that many of her customers will only knit their socks in Opal and won't repeat a colour under any circumstances.  Interesting.  I can see why though, there are so many to choose from, why go over old ground?
I used 2.5mm KnitPro symphony DPNs, next time I will use 2.25mm as my socks are a touch big.  I have bought some super whizzy KnitPro Karbonz and will report back to you when I have given them a bit more of a trial but so far I love them.  I like the Symphonies but for some reason the stitches just sort of slipped off them. This is probably more because of my lack of skills than the needles but the karbonz are not quite as slippy and feel really robust.  Also the sizes rubbed of the Symphonies after 2 socks, very annoying.

Right, a parcel of crafty goodness has just arrived which requires my immediate attention.

Enjoy the sunshine British friends.

8 comments:

  1. Well done on your first pair of socks! They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first pair! They look great! : ) When I'm using slicker sock yarn, sometimes I switch to wooden DPN's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with them. Great job,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, I hope you know that socks are a terribly addictive thing to make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, on the socks! I wish my LYS sold Opal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAB socks, it's something that i've always wanted to do,must summon up the courage to do so,
    Thanks for sharing
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hip hip hooray! The socks look fab. Such a fun colourway, too. And now I need to go on the hunt for some Opal sock yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!! Your first socks look way better than mine did. =)

    ReplyDelete