Thursday, 8 May 2014

Knit Pro Thames Bag

I have been having a bit of a knitting shopping spree of late, adding some whizzy needles and a couple of project bags to my collection.  I am developing a love of all things knit pro in particular and am amassing quite a collection of their wares so I thought it might be of use to somebody to do some quick reviews of a couple of my purchases, starting with the Thames Bag.
It's a very smart looking little bag which comes in a variety of fab colours, I went for yellow just because it looked like it would be a happy colour, which indeed it was.  Also I don't have anything much else which is yellow so am unlikely to lose it.  The handle is removable, I can't imagine why you would remove it but the option is there.

Inside it has a variety of sections, the first is for your interchangeable circular ends and also has useful pockets for a needle gauge and small patterns.  You can also pop your phone in there if you desire, though I'm not sure you would as this isn't really a "take about with you" bag unless you had your handbag as well, the way it unzips means all your stuff would fall out when you reached in for your wallet...
Then we have a handy zip section and see-through pouch for your bits and bobs.  I have my circular cords in the left hand pocket...
The final section has space for your dpns or crochet hooks, my hooks are safe elsewhere so this bag is mostly for knitting.  The dpns feel good and snug in there, they aren't going anywhere unless you want them to...
Despite all of these good points I do have a caveat about the bag.  The description from Knit Picks says that you can fit a small project inside but I really don't think you can.  Well maybe a sock, but not if you still have the ball of wool attached. If you were taking a granny square about with you to sew in the ends that would be fine, but that's about the scale we're talking.  It's quite small and narrow, about the size of a substantial hard-back book.  Personally I think it's a needle and notions storage bag but I still find it useful and am enjoying using it, it helps that it looks great of course.

I'm going to give a big thumbs up to Get Knitted in Bristol, I ordered this online and it arrived at a mega-fast pace along with a few other bits.  A small problem with my order was rectified immediately and at no trouble or expense to me at all.  I've visited the store itself several times and love it but this is the first time I have ordered from them online and I was very impressed.

Have a great end to your week, I'll be back soon.

2 comments:

  1. A nice way to keep track of your knitting tools.. and I love anything yellow, myself.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific yellow. Its compartments are dandy.

    ReplyDelete