Wednesday, 30 April 2014

WIP Wednesday

Buoyed on by some limited recent knitting success (more of which on Friday), I decided to take the plunge and cast on a Color Affection.  I've been hankering after one of these for so long and decided that now was the time to have a go.  There are many, many of these projects on Ravelry and I read so much advice that I almost gave up before I started but when I downloaded the pattern it really didn't look that difficult.
This is Drops Alpaca in Light Grey Mix (0501), Dark Pink (3770) and Dark Blue (6790) and it is a lovely yarn at a good price.  The pink above is not true to colour, for some reason pinks and reds are so hard to capture.  It's a little bit splitty so I had to change from my Symphonie Needles to my Spectras, which are good and pointy.
Here is my progress so far...
I look at it and know that it is far from perfect.  I'm placing my faith in the blocking fairies that this will all turn out OK.  I feel a bit "meh" about my version of this at the moment but I'm enjoying the process so it's all good.  Maybe this will be a practise and I'll make another one when I'm a better knitter!

If Tami manages to put up a Mr Linky later I'll be joining in.  Why not see what other crafters are up to this week?

8 comments:

  1. I have loved every single project using this pattern. Your colors are gorgeous...can't wait to see the FO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure this will come out great and there are so many wonderful colorful versions of this. Looking forward to seeing your finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see that you are keeping on with the knitting. Color Affection is a terrific pattern. Love the colors that you are using. I looked back at my project notes from when I knitted this, and the only thing I did differently was to do a yarn over between the first two stitches in order to keep the edge from being too tight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I think those colors are going to amazing. Really it grows on you once you get past the first section with the solid color. Keep at it and it will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You picked beautiful colors to make this shawl, can't wait to see your progress.
    Merediht

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find splittier yarns require more blunt needles. I'm fascinated that you feel the opposite. Every knitter is her own person. : ) Great colors, especially that gray!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a good start. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete