Friday, 18 April 2014

Fly By Finished Object

Just flying by to share a finished object.  Lots of you will have seen the Nordic Shawl in our corner of the blogging world.  This is my version...
I loved every minute of making it, the pattern is brilliant.  In the end I had to leave some rows off the border so that I didn't have to buy more yarn.  This was a shame because the border is beautiful but in all honesty this shawl is massive and I certainly didn't need it any bigger.
It has had lots of use in the evenings already and seems destined to become a favourite.
In other news, I am knitting socks.  I don't know why, it's been something I've meant to try for a while and with one thing and another this seemed like the perfect time to have a go.  One of them is finished and this is the other one so far...
I'm using a combination of the free pattern I picked up in a yarn shop and this book which has been sitting on my book shelf for ages waiting to be used.  I don't find it the easiest book to follow but if I concentrate then I find it covers most things one way or another.  I'm not a very good knitter so I think that might be why I have to think so hard through the whole process.
Enjoy the Easter weekend.  Hopefully I'll have a finished pair of socks to share with you by next Friday.

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!!! I just love your combination of colours and it looks very cosy! You are going to get a lot of compliments when you use it!!!

    keep well

    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful shawl!
    ❀.•❤•.✿.•❤ Happy Easter! ❀.•❤•.✿.•❤
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just had to say what a beautiful shawl.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shawl is fantastic, I love the colors you picked. Good luck with the socks.
    Happy Easter.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shawl is pretty. It looks warm and wonderful. For sock tips, try pink.com on YouTube. She helped me a lot when I first knitted baby socks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it really is beautiful! I don't think you could tell that there are rows missing, it's a great size & shape & you've been very disciplined not buying more yarn!

    I've been meaning to try socks too. I don't really need to but it sort of seems like it should be on my list, like I haven't graduated as a knitter til I've done it haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shawl is gorgeous! I have yarn set aside to make this, but I have so many projects in the works right now so will have to wait a bit. Good luck with the sock knitting!

    ReplyDelete