Friday, 18 October 2013

FO Friday

Thank you so much for the lovely comments on my last post.  I am hoping that this will be the weekend I catch up properly on my blog reading, I'm wondering what you've all been up to.

I haven't made a great deal over the last few months, I've been fluttering from project to project and not really settling.  I have a new big blanket on the go which is definitely going to come into its own now the cold weather is on its way, I may share that one next Wednesday.  For now though here are two small shawls I made from the knit picks chroma I mentioned in this post.  As I said at the time, whilst I loved the colours and the pattern I had an inkling that they weren't really the colours for me so in the end one ball became this...
for L.  It was made using a lovely free pattern I found on Ravelry, the detail of which I think is very pretty...
The other became a South Bay Shawlette for B...
Here is a close up of the detail of this one...
I had absolutely promised the girls that these would be finished before our camping holiday in Yorkshire this Summer and so this was me in the car on the way down (forgive the blurry picture, the car was obviously moving)...
They did enjoy having them on the campsite, and I could see them from miles away as they ran around playing Vikings after seeing the Jorvic Centre...
All in all I did not enjoy camping it must be said, but perhaps that is a tale for another post.  I just don't think I am a tent person, which is a shame because the rest of the loved every minute so I may be forced to go again.  Or perhaps I will send Mr HT and head for a spa, now there's an idea.

Why not pop over to Tami's blog to see some more FO?  i can't wait to see what everybody's been up to.

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous, I love the yarn and the scarves, lucky girls! I am glad it's not just me that frantically crochets in the car, you really can't do anything else if it's not your turn to drive. As for camping, I am happy camping except it is a million times better if the weather is basically dry, rain is just miserable, but the girls always loved camp-sites, great freedom for children. Make sure you get a decent lilo and a chair, then you can just take knitting and sit in the middle of the chaos feeling productive, at least the housework is minimal in a tent!! Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my little one would squeal in delight at such pretty little shawls. I know I would if I had them in a bigger size ;) and the colors in that yarn are beyond yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think I'd be a camping type person, either...until I figured out I was doing it wrong. First of all, inflatable air mattresses or army cots are fabulous. Also, a little propane camping stove. Lots of blankets and sheets and stuff for the bed(s). Oh, and lanterns, cast iron skillets, and "kitchen" accessories (cutting boards, real knives, bowls, plates, etc.)...I should take an inventory of what we take camping. It's kind of amazing and it makes it a lot more enjoyable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shawl, and I have seen it on Ravelry so I am so glad to see your version, really lovely.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I love the colours and the yarn and I think the shawls are fantastic. Your girls seems to like them too I know my grand-daughter would :-)

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like their sword play. Their rainbow shawls are terrific. Crochet looks good in that Chroma.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colorful shawls! What a cool way to show off the prettiness of Chroma. I agree with you on the whole tent thing. I much prefer cabin camping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, twice! I loved using Chroma for making a couple of Queen Ann's Lace scarves and the girl's shawls show it off even more beautifully, I think.

    I think my kids all have some good memories of our family tent camping adventures, but ten camping is a bit different from a time at the spa, isn't it :)
    Gracie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your shawls have turned out beautiful, I am sure your girls love them xox Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those shawls are beautiful, I love the yarn you have used for them.....the girls look very happy wearing them too!

    I don't think I am a camping person either :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Camping is okay - but the older I get, the more I like my bed to have a full mattress and legs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colours in your shawl are fantastic!

    I have to say that I love camping, but maybe you could go for a caravan / awning combination you so can have the comfort of a bed & a roof but the kids can sleep in the tent bit if they want :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The shawls look beautiful, lovely colours and nice to see the girls wearing them:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your work. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oi amiga, adorei todas as novidades do teu blog, também trago novidades no meu blog para ti contar, confira e depois deixe um comentário para eu poder saber o que achastes,abraços do Brasil.
    http://www.titacarre.com
    http://elo7.com.br/titacarre

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this shawl, you did such a beautiful job. :)

    ReplyDelete