Wednesday, 16 October 2013

A new friend

It is entirely accidental that I took a blogging break over the last couple of months.  I seem to remember that I did pretty much the same thing last year when the children were on holiday and then when I started a new job. September is a busy time for teachers and I've only just settled back into the swing of things.  It feels good to be writing to you again though, and I will waste no time in showing you the BIG NEWS in our house...
This is our new kitten, Reggie.  He joined our household a fortnight ago and has been a constant source of fun ever since.  He really is the friendliest kitten I've ever met, constantly seeking out human (and even canine) company, purring louder than most full grown cats could manage and being generally adorable.

I have never had a kitten before as our last cat we got as an adult from the rescue centre, and I had quite forgotten what fun they can be...
Yes, he is sitting in a tissue box, no, I don't know why other than it's about the right size.

He arrived looking a good deal less appealing than this, nursing a tummy upset and rather grubby, but a little bit of TLC has really worked and he is turning into a beautiful kitten.  Look, he even knows how to perch himself appealingly on a crochet blanket...
He was clearly destined to be out cat, which makes the fact I dispatched Mr HT on a mad late night run to a town over an hour away to fetch him infinitely less crazy doesn't it?

Having cats on the brain I have also started a new crafty pursuit which is making me very happy...
I would not have considered myself a cross stitch person but I've been feeling the need to exercise the crafty part of my brain and having found this pretty pattern on etsy couldn't resist having a try.  If I could go back in time I would start with a cross stitch in one colour, or at least with colour blocks, but I do like it.  The colours are gentler than they appear in this picture but you get the idea.

I will look forward to catching up with lots of your blogs over the next few weeks.  Thank you for sticking with me.

Just a little view of Hilly Town this morning to finish off with...
Such a lovely sky.

9 comments:

  1. That weird pink sky was reaching along the valley too! Love Reggie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back, I hope to see you visit my blog again. Reggie is adorable!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reggie has the sweetest expression. Please give him some petting from me :) I love the pattern you are working on, Harriet! It is so cleverly done and the colors are lovely. Hilly Town looks lovely, in its rosy light. I am glad that you have made a good transition into the new school year. I have almost finished crocheting a baby blanket cocoon for my Grand who is scheduled to arrive soon....I had best go finish it!
    Gracie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Reggie! And welcome back. I just did my first post in about a year so we can get back into blogging world at the same time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You live in a beautiful town. I really like that cross stitch. Reggie is a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new family member, he sure is a cutie.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reggie is adorable! He looks like he has settled so well into your home. Love the pretty colors and design of the cross-stitch project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is soooooooooooooo cute!!! I love how you are doing a little cat cross stitching which is very pretty. Now you can take photos of crochet along with cute Reggie...best combo ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww you made me want a kitten! He's so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete