Sunday, 4 August 2013

Twit Twoo

Thank you all for your kind comments on my last post.  We've been very busy here in Hilly Town but after next week I think we are about to enter the quiet phase of the Summer holidays, I"m hoping that the good weather continues for a little while so that we can get out and about.

Last week I finished the Owl Cushion.  It didn't quite turn out how I imagined it, less cushiony and more rotund...
Almost completely round actually, not that you can particularly see it from this photo.  I don't know whether it was me or whether it was the pattern but when I added in the extra rounds they looked like this...
Of course I could see that this wasn't going to work as a flattish cushion so I unpicked until the circle was flat again (small version of the pattern) and then added the outer edges (this time in grey, which I think worked better) but the owl still wasn't flat.  Anyway, it still turned out quite sweet so all was not lost.  I might try the pattern again with some modifications but I've been distracted by something else for the time being.

I'm going to go and catch up on some blog reading as this week has been very manic.  I hope my UK friends are having a lovely Summer and that there isn't too much more of this sort of barbecuing ...
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Linking in late with Tami here.

10 comments:

  1. No matter the shape, because the shape is great and your owl cushion looks like it love to be cuddled:) I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have known this was supposed to lie flat if you hadn't told me...I imagine it to be round and squishy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is perfect, nice and round and just perfect.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. The owl pillow is awesome. Totally love your version more.
    OMGosh…BBQing in the rain? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautifully colorful, cute and cuddly...an outstanding owl cushion :)
    Hope you are able to enjoy many sunny days as we are, too!
    Gracie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super neat owl pillow for your adorable daughter!! We are heading off for a 10 day camping trip - so I won't be able to visit and comment for a while.. - it's a wilderness camp. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The owl cushion turned out so sweet! I love the grey against all of those pretty colors. I hope that you get to enjoy some sunshine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the owl, round or not, it's great! I have a knitted owl, but I think your crocheted one is far nicer.

    I've been totally crap at both blogging or keeping up with others for months now, I've just read a whole stack of posts of yours, you've been busy, how come you end up making part of a wedding outfit when you're not even invited, that seems more than unfair, so many people don't appreciate the work that goes into something homemade, your shawl is beautiful, what a stunning pattern....your colour suggestion was definitely better than hers!

    Can't believe we are already so far into the hols, it is flying by, and I'm not sure I even have much to show for it.....loads of pics, that if I don't post soon in some sort of mammoth post it will be totally unseasonal.

    Enjoy your quieter weeks.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The owl is gorgeous, even if its not cushion shaped!

    The weather has been quite decent up in Scotland, its nice having an actual Summer!

    ReplyDelete