Tuesday, 6 August 2013

A Sunny Walk

A sunny walk and picnic at Crickley Hill Country Park...
There were beautiful views of course...
And a big silly dog, who can't often join us for family walks at the moment because he isn't very well but managed this one just about.  I hope he's going to get better, he's such a good friend to me...
I can only think that one of the children was probably waving a sausage roll at him, his head is at that very particular angle.

My little girls posed for a few photos...


One of them was enjoying the limelight...

One of them a bit out of sorts and more inclined to bang rocks together and look for fossils...
I don't think there were any fossils, but it seemed to suit her mood.  My girl is growing up all the time, she's so much fun and so kind and funny but sometimes she needs a little bit of time just to be and B and I are having to get used to that.

There is a lot of fun to be had finding interesting insects, they are difficult to photograph though...
We need more time outside this Summer, after last summer's constant rain it's such a joy to get out and enjoy the wonderful Cotswolds.

6 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how children can get into a mood? The little one's sun hat is fabulous! I want one. The first shoot of her heart peeking out among the lavender is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness.. that first photo is an award winner! Little waif dwarfed by summer flowers.. gorgeous! You have such sweet little people. That last photo of the bug was fun, I've never seen anything like it. I'm off to our lake.. will see you when I get back. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such amazing photos, yes as little ones grow older sometimes they just need time to be, love the picture of your dog, hope he feels better.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right, we'll try again. Stupid iPad.
    I know that view so well, our old family farm is in it.
    Your girls always look so beautiful. A nice day out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous photos, Harriet!
    Gracie xx

    ReplyDelete