Wednesday, 24 July 2013

WIP Wednesday

We are just loving the Summer Holidays in this house.  We're not doing much this week, just catching up with friends, walking the dog, and lots and lots of imaginative playing from the girls.  I love to sit back and listen to them play, tending to stay out of the way so that their minds run riot without adult interference.  The worlds they create!  I'd blog about them if I understood them, but I don't think I'm meant to and that's fine.

Anyway, I have a new WIP to add to the numerous others in the cupboard.  I was working on some amigurumi but my hands started to have their old trouble again so I put it down and found something fresh and new to work on...
This is going to be an owl cushion from the lovely etsy shop of AtergCrochet, I bought it on a whim last night and am thrilled with it.  For once I feel I got the colours right and it's such a joy to work on.  Stupidly I didn't read the instructions properly and am not working with the threads doubled (I'm using DK, Worsted weight would be fine on its own) so I will be making the larger size, but actually I think that working with the yarn double sounds like a knotty nightmare so that's fine.

Here's to lots more quiet morning hours like this over the next few weeks...
Quietly sitting on the sofa, still in my pyjamas, enjoying the sunshine with hook in hand.

Why not pop over to Tami's blog to see what others are making this week?

18 comments:

  1. I've had my eye on that pattern for ages, looking forward to seeing how yours turns out. I love the yarn colours you've been using

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bright colors are looking good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cushion looks too adorable :) I look forward to watching your progress on this WIP. I love your colours.
    x
    Natalie
    Marigolds' Loft

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those are really pretty color combinations. My knitting group has been having a debate about holding yarn double and quadruple for the Owl Basket on Ravelry. It seems like a bad idea and knotty mess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colours and I adore your knitting basket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bright colors you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I can't wait to see it. The colors you are using are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower via gfc from WIP. Would love to have you stop by and check out my page. http://unravelingends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colors you're using are gorgeous together!! Bravo!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy these days! The owl cushion is going to look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's unanimous, Harriet, we love the colors you are combining...and the pattern :) So glad you enjoy your job, and were given lovely gifts before the holiday. And although you have doubts, I do hope that you will end up like me with fond memories of tenting, even if you have some adventures along the way :)
    Gracie, xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to see your finished owl, your colours are lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your owl cushion to be looks gorgeous already! Love the colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This owl cushion will be so fun! Great colors. I love how you're all about color.
    I too, am a big fan of imaginative play. We're saving money for a house and my daughters have a whole slew of toys. What's wrong with staying home, yeah? I love the creativity and the talk that comes out of their mouths.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colours for your owl cushion, but definitely think single yarn is th best way to go.....just think double th ends to stitch in otherwise....yuck!

    The hols are the best aren't the, I am so not missing the school runs, fab!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute pattern! Love those colors that you picked...so bright and fun. I am envious of your quiet mornings filled with crochet. Mine consists of gulping down a cup of coffee before being dragged outside by my little guy. On the bright side, all that outdoorsy play makes him tired in the evenings which is when I get to knit a little. Continue to enjoy your summer holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh that is going to look amazing once it is finished, I love the colours you are using in this project :)

    ReplyDelete