Sunday, 14 July 2013

Blog Neglect

What a few weeks we have had!  I know that the end of the Summer term is always pretty frantic but for some reason this year has been madder than usual.  We've had guests, which has been lovely, but has meant I can't get to the computer easily as it is in the guest room - and having guests does make extra work, no matter how much one loves having them.  Little B has had her first try out afternoons at her new school, she just sauntered on in having been there so often to collect and take L.  We've had a school production to contend with, I'm sure many of you will know how many hours that tends to take up, even though I was very much in a support role to the teachers.  L had a dance show in Cheltenham, B has a show next week, and then there was hay fever which led to me trying this...
to help with this...
L's representation of how her eyes feel at the moment, yikes!  The cucumber didn't really help but a trip to the doctor for some better anti-histamine did and I am happy to report that she's feeling a bit better.

As for crafts, I made an attempt to make this dress with these fabrics...
but it was way too hard for me and is now in pieces, in disgrace, and in the naughty cupboard for works I am too dissatisfied with to work on.  That is quite a full cupboard and needs to be dealt with.

In the mean time I have been working on this, which currently looks like a dirty dishcloth so I'm hoping for a blocking miracle...
It's a great pattern called Diamond Flowers and fortunately it works up really quickly as I'm not really thrilled about making it.  I've kind of been backed into a corner and had to do it, which spoils projects for me a little bit. The person concerned wants it for her wedding, I don't think it will go with her outfit and she doesn't know anything about craft; I don't usually make things for people who won't know the love and time that have gone into them.  I knew I was in trouble when she sent me a link for a sparkly red heart super saver yarn and said she would like it in that, for an August wedding.  Oh dear.  Anyway,  I took an executive decision after consulting her some more and ordered this fab yarn, Katia Brisa which has a fresh summery feel to it...
I'm trying to get it finished in good time so that when she realises it isn't really what she wants she will be able to go out and buy one that goes with her dress.  I'm not invited to the wedding so she doesn't even have to tell me.

Once again I find myself apologising for not visiting and commenting on blogs.  When Google Reader ceased to exist I thought I had seamlessly migrated to Feedly but now I find it has lost all of my stored blog list.  I haven't been able to spend long enough on the computer to make up a new list and am a little concerned that I may forget to add a couple of favourites.  My list on blogger is completely out of date so I really need to get on an do this and catch up with you all.  In the mean time I hope you are all having a wonderful time and if you are in the UK enjoying this amazing weather.  This summer has already been better than last year and we're only in June!

6 comments:

  1. I feel much better knowing that others have been rushed off their feet as well! Only 1 more week and then a big *sigh* of relief. I like the crochet.

    Hang on in there,

    CN x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the pattern is beautiful, are you sure it won't go?
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allergies can suck big time and make one so miserable. Sorry you had that to deal with. I use bloglovin' since it was craft blogs I mostly read. It works real well. Good luck with the scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a busy summer for you! I hope that you get a chance to relax a bit soon. My son gets really bad allergies in April & May. We usually use Ketotifen drops for his eyes as well as cold compresses. Diamond Flowers is lovely. I think that you made the right decision to switch up the yarn. What a lovely person you are for going to all this effort and not even being invited to the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the crochet and I really think like the above comment : you are a really nice person and you are making a beautiful piece of art :)
    Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Hilly this make and the pattern is going to look much better when blocked. Katia yarn is lovely and usually turns out a very nice make.
    I agree with you totally as I do not like making for people who do not appreciate the time and effort that goes into a hand made project and even less still if I am forced to do something I do not like.

    The scare is now over Hilly and it looks as if Google Friend connect continues the same as usual although I am going to continue to use Bloglovin as well.

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete