Sunday, 16 June 2013

Westonbirt

We are fortunate to live near, and have membership of, the beautiful Westonbirt Arboretum.  It has been a while since we visited but last weekend B asked for a trip over there and we were happy to take the girls for a wander. It was wonderful to find that the place, which is always interesting and beautiful, was ablaze with colour...

The rules are that you may pick up anything which is on the floor but you may not pick anything from the trees or plants. This is no problem at all because there are always plenty of things on the floor to examine and enjoy...
 The girls made a little fairy house with some of their finds...
And when we got home they made some blossom fairies...
It was so lovely to be out in the fresh air with our little family, watching the girls examine their surrounding area minutely and climbing trees.  I'm hoping to get over there most weeks over the Summer for picnics and fun, roll on the summer holidays, I can't wait!  Incidentally I must give credit for these photos to Mr HT because he took all except the last one and they are far better than anything I managed, though I was distracted by the tree climbing children.

I hope you are all enjoying a lovely weekend.

9 comments:

  1. Oh that looks like such a wonderful place to go. My girls always loved making fairy dens and part of me still imagines what it would be like to shrink right down and go inside - magical! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. I love the image through the leaves and I also love the last one so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that second pic is amazing! We went to a garden near us a couple of weeks ago, and I so enjoyed the colours.

    I love your fairies....we don't do fairies in this house, it's more like mud and poos, everything gets reduced to that with my boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful place. Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos, the flowers are gorgeous.
    hugs,
    meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely was charmed by all those photos.. good job, dad! It reminded me of our farm yard! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking us along on a lovely visit, Harriet. I appreciated all the photos and especially loved the girls enjoying the dancing ballerina blossoms...floating fairies...beautiful :-)
    xx,
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! And the little fairy house? Too sweet for words, really. How could you all not have had a fantastic time? :)
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  9. That tree shot is magical. The one of your daughter is sweet and shows what childhood and innocence is about.

    ReplyDelete