Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Using up some fabric

This weekend the fabric inspiration struck...
These fabrics were ones my clever M in L used to make a beautiful dress for L, I will take a picture next time she wears it.

I have actually made a crochet hook roll before for a friend but stupidly forgot to photograph it.  For that one I used this tutorial which was good.  This time though I wanted a slightly different construction and finish so I sort of winged it and ended up with this...
I'm very happy with it; there are a couple of faults to iron out, the pocket is a little wonky and I forgot to trim the corners before I turned it the right way out but overall it's just what I wanted and I adore the fabrics.  The spotty one and the Eiffel tower one are available from here, I am fortunate enough to live near the shop. I found that using iron-on interfacing really simplified the process and gave it lovely neat finish.

It also, and this was unplanned, blends quite well with my Cath Kidston workbasket and knitting bag.  Bonus!
I'm looking forward to catching up with everybody's blogs this week, I wonder what you've all been up to!

7 comments:

  1. I love cath kidston, though i find her stuff quite expensive. i have a few items with a kind of knock off pattern going on!

    great little project! love the blue and red together! well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super adorable-- I love the bright colors of the Paris print! I wish I lived near the store and could just pop in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great project and I love the Eiffel Tower fabric.
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty! The Eiffel Tower fabric is lovely! I need to put sewing at the top of my to-learn list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh that looks really pretty, I love all the fabrics you have used!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those colors are delightful and what a fun little thing create from that fabric! I am jealous...
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is lovely! Beautiful fabrics,

    ReplyDelete