Sunday, 12 May 2013

London Town

Just a little scrap booky type post from me today as I've been away from the weekend without so much as a crochet hook packed in my bag!  There was a good reason for this as I wanted to give my poor old wrists a break and clear my head of all the projects I have one the go so that I could come back to them fresh and keen.

Mr HT and I had a great time on the South Bank, eating at a fab steak restaurant built into a railway bridge, every now and then the trains trundle overhead.  As Mr HT had the foresight to book we had a window seat to enjoy the view from, and it's a great view...
As we left I managed to get a picture of Big Ben and the London Eye...
(Yes, I do know that strictly speaking it's the bell inside the clock that's called Big Ben, but everybody knows what I mean!)

They aren't great photos at all, pretty dreadful in fact, but they give a little feel of the atmosphere of the place.  I adore London.

The next day we travelled to Borough Market, which must be the most foody market I've ever been to. It was a real feast for the eyes, nose and tastebuds with lots to try and many things to tempt greedy people like me. Please forgive the photo overload...







Fortunately I don't live in London and therefore I was spared from feeling that it might be worth spending too much.  I doubted that these tomatoes, beautiful thought they are, would survive the journey to the Cotswolds.

It was so lovely to get home to sleepy Hilly Town, even though I'd had a great time and enjoyed being with my man and eating fabulous food.  I missed my girls, though I think they were more than happy being spoilt by their grandparents.

6 comments:

  1. What a nice trip to the City. I hope to someday take my husband to London. Nice to have some hubby time too. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice for a romantic getaway! Your market photos are great, there was so much more produce than the market we went too! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely trip, so glad you had fun together.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your trip, Harriet! I enjoyed every one of your photos :-) And I'm glad you had a great time, but were glad to get home to your girls, too...the very best sort of holiday to my way of thinking.
    xx,
    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh it looks like you had a wonderful trip :-) sometime you do need a break away from the crafts to get a fresh breather when you come back to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wat gorgeous food! The restaurant view is awesome! Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete