Thursday, 30 May 2013

Finished Fire Imp

This is Smokey the fire imp.  The pattern is by Lucy Ravenscar and is available here.  It is a brilliant pattern with lots of variations, for this little chap I added hair and a tail...
Just for comparison (and because I thought it was cute) I took a photo with Dobby...
One pattern, two very different creatures!  Dobby was made with Stylecraft Special DK and a 3.5mm hook, Smokey was made with King Cole Riot and a 3mm hook plus a little bit of Rowan Kidsilk Haze for the hair.  I can't wait to try another of Lucy's patterns but Mr HT has finally cottoned on to just how much yarn I have and I thought it prudent to undertake a stash buster blanket without delay.

If you would like to see more Finished Objects then pop over to Tami's Blog, there's always so much to enjoy over there.

14 comments:

  1. Both of your little creatures are just adorable!! You should crochet a sock for Dobby.. :-) ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both! They have sweet little faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Nice job and very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prudent indeed, let's hope that there will be no need to buy extra supplies for the blanket!

    Love this pattern, the detail on the feet is fab....they look totally different with the different yarns, I do like riot, I like the 'fluff' on it, perfect choice!

    Have a good weekend.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, too cute.

    Unfortunately the men in our lives do find the stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uhm, I think I'm in love. He is the cutest little imp ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh--I love him!
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I agree with the others, both of your little creatures are so CUTE. Those little toes and fingers:)
    You really did a great crochet job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. VEry cool how there's room for variations for this one pattern! I like how this iMac came out with the variegated yarn and his additions of hair and tail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are cute, it is also like an angel and devil version of the cute imps :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your newest creations have brought me smiles, Harriet, and your last post about the tall ships was interesting to view! I am still in CA but had a bit of time to catch up on your latest posts. I especially enjoyed your photo of your sweet sailor girls :-) xx, Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  12. So so cute! You are so clever! xoxox

    ReplyDelete