Friday, 1 March 2013

Spring...

It doesn't feel like Spring here yet.  There are some little signs; daffodils in the shops, snowdrops showing their pretty heads, lambs appearing in the fields, but overall it's cold and wet and it feels as if the sun has wearied of us.

So I was eyeing up my pretty cottons the other day and felt ready for a pastel fix.  I remembered seeing this lovely pattern for a "Spring Mandala" (I'm always reluctant to claim I've made a mandala because I think it might have religious meanings for some people which I don't fully understand and I wouldn't like to offend anyone, but that is the name of the pattern), on one of my favourite blogs, Made in K Town, ages ago and decided to give it a go.  It's a simple pattern and I think the results are very spring like...
and while sights like this tend to give me the heebie jeebies...
on this occasion it felt worth the trouble of sewing them in straight away so that I could have a little sign of spring around the place.

Why not pop over to Tami's blog and see what other crafty folk have been up to.

12 comments:

  1. Yes, Spring!! Your piece makes it seem possible. My clogs keep us in the winter. I think I prefer your Spring! LOL. I hear you on the ends. Just finishing a baby sweater that has way too many. That's what I get for striping it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such gorgeous springlike colors! Tank you for giving me hope it's on the way.
    Blessings,
    Betsy
    Http://www.betsy-thesimplelifeofaqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous! I don't like calling them mandalas either.. I call them a doily or centerpiece. Love the colors you used! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Yikes those ends do look a bit scary. LOL The weather is sounding very much the same as down here. Its been raining heavily for days and windy too. Its been a good week for knitting and crochet though. ;-) Hugs xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I do granny squares or any type of multi-color work, I have to thread the ends in as I go, or I will go insane looking at it!! It's lovely, the colors you chose look like Easter eggs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those colours are fresh and spring-y aren't they?! It has been miserable, I could really do with some sun on my face and I know I'm not alone....hopefully this really will Mark the first day of spring! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yummmmmmm! I love pastels and this is just scrumptious! And I love mandalas! A winning combination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spring colors are definitely a must right now!! So cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That does look very pretty and springlike. We still have lots of snow on the ground here. I'm eager for some signs of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pastels together. You are ever so patient to weave n all those ends.

    ReplyDelete