Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Another Snow Day

Today I am at home, the school I work at is open but my daughters' schools are closed so I'm looking after them.  I don't mind at all, it's lovely to have time with them and I have a stinking cold.  I think it might be time for a movie and a snuggle after lunch.

This was the view this morning, I love our view...
As far as other things go, I have finished a couple more squares, this one is for the 2013BAMCAL...
It is called Woolly's Snowflake Square and I love it.  To get it a little flatter I used a lovely Ravelry person's modifications from here.  I would actually consider making a whole blanket of these snowflakes one day, maybe with white on blue, or even white on a mixture of colours.  Obviously my snowflake is purple, but it is a lovely purple.  I thought about making it in the Oaty colour but decided purple snow was preferable to dirty snow.  The subject matter of the square seemed very appropriate to the weather!
I have also made this square from the Julie Yeager Board over on Ravelry...
It is called Strawberry Blossom.  I found this one tricky and fluffed it a bit in places but I'm sure that is my own error as I have a stinking cold and feel as if my head is full of fluff.  It made a very pretty square in the end.  I have made a few square from this designer now and they are always very original in their construction and effect.

I have a couple more things I would like to show you but I think I'll spread them out a little bit.  I'm off to think over whether to traipse across the snowy fields with two small children in tow to buy dog food or whether he would be happy enough with leftovers (dog appropriate of course) for today.

11 comments:

  1. I just love your crochet squares. If I ever finish the border, I am going to post about the sampler squares blanket I made. My squares aren't nearly as well done as yours!

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your cold gets better soon and I hope you had a really lovely snuggle. Your squares are beautiful.
    Kindest regards Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your squares are lovely! (and a reminder for me to get on it!!) Hope your cold gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you have a cold... rotten germs! I vote for you staying home and cooking up the dog some home made goodies.. he'll be happy and you need to take care of yourself. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful squares! Hope you feel better very soon.

    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to have a snow day. It is nice to cuddle with the little ones at home once in awhile. You must start a snowflake blanket. That square is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing view you have! So pretty when all white.
    Wonderful squares too. Hope your cold gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your art!!! it looks like its chilly out there...

    happy weekend.. hope your weather will get better..


    ..trek..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Hilly
    Hope you've recovered from that cold. There's nothing better than watching the snow fall from inside a cosy warm house. Your photo is lovely but makes me shiver as I said nice to see from behind glass LOL!
    OH! boy those two squares are tempting....tempting enough for me to put down what I am doing now and have a go at making them.

    keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely squares and lovely view!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, I'm your newest follower from Kentucky USA. Great blog, lovely work

    ReplyDelete