Monday, 17 December 2012

Still quietly hooking...

It is a while since I updated my blog, I've been working away at some crafty pursuits and getting on with my new job so things have been quietly busy around here.  It's the Christmas holidays soon so hopefully I'll have more time to update but in the meantime here is a little owl I made, for no particular purpose other than I liked the pattern....
I am hoping that the lady I picked out of the hat for my work secret santa recipient will need a little owly goodness in her life, and that she doesn't secretly wish I'd given her chocolate or handcream or something.  One can never be quite sure.  The pattern is from here and was lovely to work.  I used a 3mm hook and DK cotton. The only change I made was to add button eyes and a beak, he didn't look right without them somehow.

I have lots more little bits of crochet to show you soon, but I'm going to keep the family bits and pieces for a while, it seems so unbearably sad to think of those families in America facing a Christmas without their beloved little people around them, I think all parents will be holding their children a little closer over the Christmas season and sending love and prayers to those in unimaginable pain.

God bless.

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. Your Owl has been worked well and looks great.
    Such kind and thoughtful words. So very very sad for all involved especially at Christmas time.....xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That owl is just aDORable! I know anyone would be happy to have a new little friend like that in their workplace. I know I would!!
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well anyone should appreciate Mr. Who since he is quite cheery and charming...and giving from Loving hearts to those around us really does make our world a better place. xx from Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This owl is adorable. I got chocolates and handcream from my secret santa this year and the whole time I was secretly wishing for some handcrafty goodness like this owl:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely little owl...I'm sure the lady who unwraps it will be delighted!! Thanks for the link to the pattern too... I agreee that the button eyes are perfect! It's nice to know that there are many, many of us all over the world quietly and quickly hooking away to get our pressies finished :) Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone needs a little owly crochet goodness in their lives, handcream & chocolates (as lovely as they are) can come from anywhere at any time, she'd be mad not to love it :)

    Merry Christmas! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! You won an award on my blog Color 'n Cream. X Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Hilly, I like your blog as well. You've got a nice style. Sorry for my late respond... X Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastically cute owl.
    Yes, such an unexplainable tragedy in Newtown.

    ReplyDelete