Friday, 21 December 2012

Christmas FOs

I had a post prepared for Wednesday in which I was going to show you this...
What a state eh?  I've just being merrily crocheting away and then chucking the finished bits into my lovely vintage bowl.  Anyway, it suddenly dawned on me that I really needed to get most of these done pretty quickly if they were to go to the intended recipients so, after some feverish activity, this tangled mess has become...
from this pattern, which I absolutely love and haven't become even remotely bored of yet.  In the case of the purple one on the end I actually unpicked the white and re-sewed it with a different shade of purple which looked far better.
These...
which many of you will recognise as being from Lucy's free turorial here.
And finally these...
from this free pattern.  Everybody adores these ones and they work up very quickly.  I didn't sew in any ends but backed them in felt instead.  I apologise for the terrible pictures, I feel like I haven't seen daylight in months and really needed to get these packaged up last night so I just had to photo them as best I could.

So, it has been a busy week decoration wise and that bowl isn't even empty yet.  Not one of these decorations has made it as far as my tree, they have all been packaged up and have either left the house or are about to go. I wonder whether I will get a chance to make any to keep?

If you would like to see some lovely finished objects then why not pop over to Tami's blog with a mince pie and a cuppa?  I'll be back soon with the rest of those decorations to show you.

11 comments:

  1. So many cute little decorations. I like to add a little decoration like these to the fronts of my wrapped Christmas presents. It's a charming little extra touch :) Never thought of backing them with felt, but it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of backing them with felt!!! (Yet another way to save time!!) So many bright and cheery colors-- I hope you get to keep at least one! I made some of Lucy's Star Decorations this year too, but none for our tree, yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, these are awesome. How I wish to have some of those for my trees. Maybe next year (if I start early ;-))

    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all such happy coloured Christmas thingies! Love your pretty FO's !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your decorations! I just got those same tiny bells at Craft Warehouse yesterday - now to make some things!

    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for getting some finished :) I finished a little Santa that I'd started last Christmas lol! Bad huh? Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what cute little ornaments! So fancy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing what you are making and have been having fun learning to make some simple stars and snowflakes, but would love to make some multicolored creations as you have. Today I crocheted two hair scrunchies for my little grand girls and I have started crocheting a little wreath around a plastic ring. Joy to you and yours! xx from Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think ornaments are one of the best gifts to give. Glad there are ppl who appreciate your craftiness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are quite lovely and a neat idea! I think I'll make some up for next year for my co-workers.
    Eileen:)

    ReplyDelete