Friday, 12 October 2012

Woolly Stuff FO Friday

Here we are with a little woolly update.  I have made a number of small things recently while I mulled over what to undertake for my next large project...
A bag based on this fantastic pattern which I have used several times before.  I heavily modified the top so that I could use the cane handles which I got free on a magazine years ago.  I'm thinking of making a normal one of these for L's teacher at the end of term, they always seem to go down very well as gifts and are finished in a weekend.

The yarn is mostly King Cole Riot DK in Fab, I just had to use a little remnant from another unfinished ball in a different colourway but I think it looks fine.  It's a small workbag which is currently holding my latest knitting project.

These dishcloth and scrubbie sets for one of the men in my family at his request.  I was able to use some of the yarn I ordered from the States for these which made me feel a little better about buying it...
A camera case for L's birthday camera, she chose the yarn herself and the button is from my stash.  I just improvised this pattern and it was extremely quick and easy.  I need to make something similar for my new phone but at the moment I'm concentrating on other things...
I think that is all my finished projects for now, I also have a very large project underway which I haven't photographed yet and a Harry Potter knitting project which is small but taking forever.  I am sincerely hoping that I might have finished that to show next week.

It has come to the point of the year where I start to think about Christmas projects.  I am keeping my ambitions small this year.  I would like to finish the crochet crib scene I started and make some of these fabulous turkey decorations to pop inside Christmas cards for family members.  It doesn't sound like much and it's only October so at the moment my hopes are high...

Perhaps I will find some more inspiration over at Tami's blog today, it's always well worth a look.

18 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely finished things, I live the bag and the pattern matches perfectly with the yarn doesn't it? I do like that riot, such lovely colour changes. The scrubby sets are great, I'm yet to make any cloths, although fully intend to.

    I earmarked those coasters last yr, great gift idea and a quick project....there's a lt to be said for the smaller projects, so satisfying to see things completed.

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow such amazing fo projects, I totally love the bag as well, it's amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what great projects. I LOVE that bag, the colours are just lovely. Your camera case is a great idea too, I think I might have to make one for my camera when its in my handbag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bag! What a stunner - I can see why you've returned to the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the scrubbie sets!! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. I love the scrubbie sets too! And the bag rocks - love the striping of the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bag, which looks like quite a big knit to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you are really getting a lot of things done, bravo! I adore the bag, those colors are my favorites, jewel tones. You did a smashing job on that. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ditto for what Teresa just typed :) I really like how the dishcloths and scrubbies came out, too. I am almost done crocheting a little pumpkin, but rather at a standstill with other projects for some reason. Your industry encourages me to get busy :) xx from Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super projects, love the stitch pattern on the bag

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the colors in this post! The bag in particular is gorgeous. I have so many bamboo purse handles lying around and now you have inspired me to make something with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just checked out the turkey coasters - soo cute! I'll be making some of those this year for sure! All of your projects are awesome and I can see that you've been using the Peaches and Creme yarns. They have such brilliant colors - I really enjoy using them and can't seem to get enough!
    Glad you decided not to give up on blogging. Finding balance is important and I'm sure you'll settle back into a comfortable groove.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bag is GORGEOUS! Well done and the colors are so well chosen! Your other projects are also very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bag. I can't believe I still haven't made one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The bag is lovely :O). You are a clever modifier. The cane handles really add somethin' somethin' to the whole project. I find it so interesting that a man in your ohana requested dishcloths and scrubbies. Only a young one could choose bright, vibrant colors for her camera case. The button is a cute touch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just wanted you to know that I've nominated you for a Beautiful Blogger Award! All the details are on my blog today. (Its completely up to you whether you want to post the award and pass it or not. This is just my way of saying that I think your blog is great!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely knitty items, especially love that bag, and I'm intrigued to see the Harry Potter knit : -)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So much loveliness in one post. The bag is so colourful and happy looking. :-)

    ReplyDelete