Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Tuesday Tallies 3

Well, I can't claim a particularly good week in terms of my One A Day project as I only added 4 squares to my total and I haven't sewn their ends in (a cardinal sin in my crochet world because I have still have early works languishing in bags that I didn't sew in as I went along).  However, I am not downhearted because the project has not come to a grinding halt and I still like making the squares.  I am still stuck on phone pictures I'm afraid and Mr HT is going to suffer if he doesn't bring back the camera from work today because the pictures are rubbish and the colours completely wrong.  Anyway, this is what I have...
19 Squares done, 101  still to go.

Although I haven't done so well on my One A Day this week I have been very productive in other ways.  I have managed two slightly psychotic looking amigurumi dolls for the small bossy people which I will share on Friday so everybody can have a laugh (embroidered faces are tricky).  I've also started to teach myself Tunisian Crochet just because I saw this and needed to make one.  Sometimes a pattern will do that to you.  My fun learning a new skill was cut short though when I realised that I needed a normal crochet hook and not one with a handle, I'm debating whether to invest in a set of proper Tunisian Crochet hooks but for the moment the patterns I like only need twenty stitches or so on the hook so it's not necessary.

I am very behind on my blog reading so I apologise if I haven't left a comment recently.  If you would like to see some more One A Day projects they are here, kindly hosted by Carole.

16 comments:

  1. I do love the colours of your project. Some weeks you just can't manage to keep up with one a day and others you fly!
    I love the Tunisian crochet pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just adore the colours you have chosen. Tunisian crochet is something I have never tried, could be tempted but that would just mean more wip's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I can speak to you now you've committed such a huge crochet crime, not dealing with your ends tut tut!

    This just keeps looking more gorgeous very week. I've had trouble with my phone photos today too, it just never captures the colours properly unless used outside in vey good light.

    Lovely pattern for the Tunisian Crochet. Do let us know how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would hate me I'm a terrible leaver of ends till the last minute hehe. Lovely one a day project I look forward to watching all your wonderful colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good! I do so love this pattern!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can imagine what these colours look like in real life and they look fantastic. I love this pattern but I'm not eager to make so many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Weaving in ends are definitely a pain, but its great to see progress! (Even if the colors are off) It looks so bright and cheerful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty, love the colours !!!! How is Tunisian crochet different ? I need to look into, the shawl is gorgeous. Deb xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. *drool* You know I love those colours, don't you? It's so pretty!

    That shawl pattern is lovely - that is definitely worth learning Tunisian crochet for. I haven't tried it so I'll look forward to seeing how you get on :)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are doing an awesome job! Go Hilly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colors still look fantastic! Will you block them before sewing them together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think as it is acrylic and the pattern doesn't need to be stretched in order to work I will probably gently block it after I have joined it. I do block more complex squares though, even if they are made of acrylic.

      Delete
  12. Tunisian Crochet BTW sounds fascinating. I had to Google that. The shawl that caught your eye is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. how exciting when you have less than 100 to go!

    I cannot stick to one a day, but enjoy seeing the efforts of others :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I know you are not fond of your phone camera, but each time you share a photo of this project, I love looking at it! The colors cheer me, and the pattern is so refreshing...kind of like lemons and oranges and grapefruit.... :) Thanks for the update, HillyT!
    Gracie <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi - just back to let you know I weighed an unstuffed hexipuff and posted info to my facebook page. It came out at 2.2g using Knitting Goddess mini-skein and 3.25mm needles but be aware that the pattern specifies 3.5mm needles so you may need more if you follow that. Hope that helps x

    ReplyDelete