Friday, 27 July 2012

FOs x 2

I am really far more pleased than I should be with these little finished objects.  I think it is the colours of the yarn, which I did not especially like on the ball but I love when worked up.

So here we have a finished Grandmother's Favourite washcloth and a Scrubbie, both made with Peaches and Creme Fiesta and completed in no time at all.  The Scrubbie took me less than an hour, but I would not have been able to sew it up without this very helpful youtube video.  I didn't get it neat in the middle but I will next time...
I used a 6mm hook and 5mm needles, I would use bigger knitty sticks when I make another as all that garter with no purl made it very tight.  If you ever want more details on a project I have made, or I have forgotten a link, they will be on my project pages on Ravelry.
As you can see I have more Peaches and Creme and I may make it all into Scrubbies, that little bit of yarn is what I had left from one ball after making both.  They would make a good little gift for somebody who wouldn't find being given cleaning implements distressing.

Anyway, sorry for the overload of pictures, but it brightened up my day and I hope maybe yours.  Seriously, I have no idea why I am quite so pleased with these as I am.

There is still time to enter my giveaway, all regular visitors welcome.

There will be lots of lovely finished objects to see over at Tami's blog, I'll be linking up later on today.

27 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours, so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do so love your FO's! I think I may have to make a scrubbie, I have a surplus of cotton yarn just now. Yours are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the colours - beautiful FOs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love those colours!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your washcloths looks brilliant. Such a good idea to use bright colours too. It makes me want to get on with my variegated crochet ones a.s.a.p. too. Sonja@Sunnyville x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them, the dishcloth and scrubbie would bring a smile to anyone who used them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous colours - might make me actually want to do the washing up for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous colours!
    I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Hilly

    Fab colours....can't knit though tried to so many times tch!!

    My turn now for a giveaway....its open to everyone too,pop in if you have time :-)

    Keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are really cute. The color is so cheerful. XD

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colours of that yarn really do look wonderful worked up into these dish-things----much better than they are just on the skein, I agree. Your lovely making skills help, too. ;)

    You may be inspiring me to try another spiral scrubbie---I tried one (from a slightly different pattern) a couple years ago and was discouraged by not being able to get it to gather neatly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. While I echo what everyone else has said about the color - I have a question for you - how do you get your grandma's favorite to turn out so nice and square??? Mine always have three great corners, but my bind off corner always looks stretched.... so I have a kite shape in the end :/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those would brighten my day-- even if I had to wash dishes! You are totally right- the Fiesta looks better in a project than in the skein!

    I'm on the hunt for that scrubbie! I have a knitted one made by someone else, but I would love to try a crocheted one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great colors! Perfect to brighten up the kitchen. How's the scrubbie pattern work?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Something I've noticed about handknit washcloths is that people never seem to mind getting them (even those that find cleaning offensive). It doesn't matter if it's Grandma's Favorite or some other pattern.

    Also, I think you're right about the gauge. No one wants to clean with a dishcloth with no movement allowed :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm always slightly scared of rainbow-colored skeins of yarn, but these turned out spectacularly! Now I'm off to see if I can find a knit scrubbie pattern. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OOh that washcloth is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nobody could be distressed by such colourful cleaning implements, could they? I LOVE the rainbow scrubbie, and it's a lovely little set with the dishcloth!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colors! You are invited to share this with Show Your Stuff blog hop:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/07/show-your-stuff-34.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahaha :). I find that if you give the cleaning implements along with some luxurious soap or spa kit, people feel a little better. Great stashbuster projects!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I also adore the wild abandon of color in your washcloth! I also knit that same pattern, it's fun and goes fast. They do make wonderful gifts. Enjoy your weekend! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the colors - they're sure to make cleaning a cheerful act!

    Kindly,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  23. They look great, the colours areso bright and fun

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can see why they make you so happy, what fabulous yarn!! I love the colours so cheery :-) Lovely finishes

    Lori xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the little set....great gift idea! The colours are brilliant....I always thought that was an American brand...is it available locally to you, or do you mail order it? Our LYS is a little limited, although I shouldn't complain, it is nice to see things in the flesh before you shell out though.

    ReplyDelete