Friday, 13 July 2012

FO friday

Here are a couple of little finished objects from me this week.  I have to admit that I didn't particularly enjoy making them, the pattern is great, but if you look at the finished projects on Ravelry they are very variable. Usually this is a sign to me that a project is quite tricky (sometimes it means that the pattern isn't good but not in this case, the pattern was lovely) and it puts me off having a go, but the girls were absolutely set on having one of these each so...
The faces were tricky, and looking at them again I'm thinking of re-doing the mouths, but L and B love them to bits and have gone to sleep every night holding them so I'll probably leave it.

This photo I meant to share on WIP Wednesday but didn't have time, it gives some idea of scale...
and here are my girls with their Sleepy Sarahs...

I suppose it was worth the fiddling around and constant nagging...just.

If you would like to see more finished objects then please pop over to Tami's blog, I often spend some time on Saturday morning admiring other people's lovely work with a cup of tea.  It's a lovely start to the weekend.

23 comments:

  1. Always worth it when it's something they love. Have a great weekend
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww those are adorable. They seem like they will be welled love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are too cute! I think that Amigurumi are just so expressive on everyone's blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are lovely and sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your girls are precious!! It has to be worth it when they love the finished object that much :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them but not sure I would have attacked such a teeny project. And I believe that the only people whose approval is needed are the girls and as far as I can see you got it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous girls! And cute little dollies. I'd say the only way you're going to get a crack at re-doing those mouths is if you knit more of them. Win all around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely dolls! I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those dolls turned out adorable.. but they don't hold a candle to the utter CUTENESS of your two little angels!! You are a lucky mommy!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sonja@Sunnyville13 July 2012 at 12:01

    Ah, those dolls are soooo cute. I think their faces look lovely and I always find that the trickest part, it can make or break the project. My daughters want some too now! Sonja@Sunnyville x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are cute. I might have to give them a go. Your little one is too cute for words.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are so sweet, those toys. They're like cuddled up sleeping babies. I think you did a wonderful job on the faces.
    Your girls are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are too, too adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. THOSE.ARE.GORGEOUS.

    i want one! actually, i want about 20! they remind me of gumnut babies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwwwwwww, I love them - they are super cute.
    And I don't think you need to redo the mouths, they look perfect

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh the looks on your daughters' faces is priceless. Well done mama! You just earned yourself major mommy points. :)
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  17. They turned out super cute! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  18. D'you remember The Boy's "Bobble Baby"? That was made from this pattern - and two years later, he still loves it... which isn't bad going for an almost 8 year old boy! Hope that L and B get as much enjoyment out of your beautiful little dolls as TB has out of his (and my *goodness*, doesn't L look like you?!)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are very cute and I think you did a great job :-)

    Lori xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable dolls, adorable girls. <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those dolls are nearly as precious as those little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These two are beautiful Hilly and sorry to say I don't mean the Sleepy Sarahs I mean those two cuties in those photos LOL!
    I'd love to make some Sleepy Sarahs too but if you say they are really fiddly well it puts me off a bit because I get so bored with bitty stuff...but they are adorable and I think their faces are just right!

    Keep well

    Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete