Tuesday, 19 June 2012

One A Day is back, hooray!

It is with great happiness that I am joining in with Carole's One A Day post today as this was the first Mr Linky I ever participated in.  I have gone off motif crochet recently and been working on lots of smaller projects which is great for keeping my blog full of new ideas, however I am ready now to start something larger scale.  I've actually started two, both of them are Stylecraft Special DK stash-busters.   This is the one I will be using for my One A Day project as the squares are very quick to make...
The pattern many of you will recognise as the Sunny Spread, and what a lovely pattern it is.  Looking at the project pages it seems that it looks great in almost any colours, from sophisticated neutrals to crazy brights like mine.  At the moment I am intending this to be a baby blanket and I think I need 48 squares to get it to a reasonable size.  I don't often make a pattern more than once but in this case I will certainly be making it again in some different colours as a cushion for our sitting room, which I am hoping will be complete in the next month or so after a slight delay in proceedings.  The squares are so simple that I had them memorised after a couple of squares, this is very unusual for me as I don't memorise things well at all.
I think this picture is a better representation of the colours, they are left overs from my second Granny Stripe pack.  Although this is a stash buster I am pretty sure I will need to buy more of the turquoise but I am not going to do so until I actually need it.  I think this is the flaw in my Stylecraft purchases up to now, I buy extra balls while I still have plenty left because I don't want to run out at the weekend or something.  Of course this is silly as I could easily work on another project until Tuesday when the wool shop is open and I end up with lots of surplus skeins.

Please pop by Carole's blog and see what others are making, I would encourage anybody mulling it over to join in.  They are a great group and it really is a lovely way to get things made which might otherwise fall by the wayside.

23 comments:

  1. Those are great colours. I love the turquoise, my favourite at the moment, it has to be involved in all my projects!
    Have a nice evening! xxxBarbina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, I love the happy bright colours, so cheerful and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your squares look lovely, so jewel like, great project for a baby blanket, and stylecraft is so soft, it will be gorgeous. I did a sunny spread for my last oneaday and it's a lovely pattern, my end blanket had been created at swimming lessons and in the car as it's perfect for transporting about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it's going to look pretty.
    I do understand anyone stashing up on Stylecraft! My sis came to visit a month or what ago and brought some of hers along (not really available in South Africa). Did I enjoy working wit it! We made the loveliest tiny squares blanket for our beach house.
    So stash away :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you know I already love this pattern and I really love the colours you have chosen. It's going to be beautiful and how I wish someone had given me a baby gift like this. I really like your 'doily' in the picture too, do you have a pattern/link for it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, those colours are fabulous. I love the square pattern, I'm working on a hodgepodge-of-blocks blanket right now and might have to include one or two of these...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had not seen that pattern, and I love it. It is inspiring me to make my own!
    I really like the colors you have used in yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty!!! you have a great eye for colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. one a day is back :)
    this pattern is lush and your colours are real pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh! I love that sky blue bordering those fun and summer colors!
    I'm taking a break from the OAD for now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't this Ellen Gormley pattern great?!!! Sunny colors to boot. Can't get much better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love that pattern.

    I cant commit to one a day, i sometimes just dont have the time or energy to keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HillyT thanks so much for this post. I have been blogging for less than a year and I am still learning the ropes ...like I am going to have to look up what link back means... Thanks for the intro to Carole's blog :)
    Gracie <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love, love, love them. This pattern is new to me. They are soooo cheery! Looking foreword to watching the progress :)PS your blog is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you joined. Your squares are lovely. I still love that beautiful mat that you have on the table with your drink on it. I am a faithful reader, notice I didn't call it a doily. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome colours!!!!!! I had this on my original YoP list but didn't get around to it but I have to say, in those vibrant colours it looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your sunny spread looks amazing!! I love the colours you use for your crochet!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Que colores mas bonitos, me encantan!! y estos granys son super bonitos
    abrazos

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh they are NICE! They look like grapefruit segments :o) Very pretty and bright xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. The colors are awsome...so happy!

    With All That I Am
    Carrie "The Handmade Homemaker"

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such wonderfully bright and fun colors! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oooo, I like these! haven't seen squares like this before ...

    ReplyDelete