Sunday, 17 June 2012

I am gratified to be thought versatile...


Ages and ages ago I received a Versatile Blogger award from one of my favourite bloggers: Tanya at My Grandmotherly Ways.  Her blog, as I have mentioned before, is funny and she is a crochet diva, as evidenced by this.  I feel bad for leaving my post for so long, but as I am without a decent camera at the moment this seems like a good time to put that right.

One of the rules is that I am to share seven things about myself with you, I guess they are supposed to be things I haven't already shared, so...

1.  I only eat broccoli because it is good for my children.  I do not like it and as soon as they have left home I will ban it from my house.  I have approximately 17 years of eating broccoli with a cheerful encouraging smile left (sobs).
2.  I did not enjoy Fifty Shades of Grey, I know lots of you did but I feel better for coming clean.  It's not a prude thing, I just found everybody in it annoying.  I won't be reading the other two.
3.  I'm really quite good at the piano but I don't practice any more because I crochet instead.  There are only so many hours in the day.
4.  I love teen-fiction and related films.  Buffy is the best TV programme ever.
5.  I have a degree in Psychology and always meant to become an educational psychologist.  I changed my mind when I realised that it is often their job to tell the parents of children who need help that there is simply not enough money for them to have it.  I have worked with children all my adult life.
6.  I adore my dog, he is the best family dog in the world, but he's getting on a bit and I do worry that he will die when I am alone in the house and I will be unable to move 40kg (he's not fat, I promise, just huge) of Labrador before the children get home from school.
7.  My favourite social activity is going for coffee with friends.  I adore my friends, they are awesome.

It would be brilliant if you would click on my sidebar and have a look at a couple of links unfamiliar to you.  I follow loads of amazing blogs and you could dive into any of them and find informative, interesting and talented people writing brilliantly.  I've recently updated and now there are even more brilliant bloggers on there.  There is also now a link to my pinterest boards, I try not to be obsessed with pinterest but it's incredibly useful and fun.


10 comments:

  1. Well done on the award. Well deserved. Love the facts it's great to get to know bloggers better. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting and following me...I hope I won't lead you astray :) I am quite impressed with your noble ingestion of broccoli :) and congratulations on your Versatile Blogger award.
    Gracie <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your facts! Its great to know these little things that don't crop up in the everyday. Congrats on the award!

    Cool that you've joined the YOP, it was the best decision I made last year, I know I wouldn't have done so much otherwise, so I'm excited to make this years list.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never mind the award, congratulations on the broccoli eating!!! beyond the call of duty???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the award and loved your 10 facts! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very good thing for you to do, pretending to enjoy something in the sake of your kids!

    I like all the little facts about you! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely read :) I forgive you for not loving Fifty :) but only because you redeemed yourself with the mention of Buffy!! lol xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your 10 facts. I love the tidbit about broccoli. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got a bit of a lump in my throat when I read no 6. We also have a hulking great Labrador who is just the best, most patient family dog ever and I know just how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ho'omaka'i to you on your nomination for this award!

    ReplyDelete