Thursday, 14 June 2012

FO Friday: A Noro Scarf

I am so excited to have this one off the needles!  It has been lurking in my knitting bag since January 2011, very soon after I took up knitting again following a long absence and when I thought crochet was beyond me. These scarfs and Noro Fever were all over the internet at the time and I just thought they were gorgeous, which they are.  I must say that my love affair with Noro has drastically diminished over time.  Although the colours are amazing the knots drive me demented, leading me to cull great sections of yarn just to get the colours to blend again. I won't say that I would never buy Noro again because a particularly lovely ball might call to me one day, but I don't hunt it down any more.

I used a this tutorial to get the edges neat and make a proper slip stitch selvedge edge and the pattern was from here.  Overall I am very happy with it.  It has its mulchy areas...
where the stripes didn't work so well and, again, I had to discard some yarn but for the most part the stripes are great...
I am sure I will wear this one in the winter, which I couldn't always say of the shawls and scarfs I make.

OK, I suppose I had better go and get ready to face another day.  I have got a couple of new (stash I hasten to add, no new yarn here this week) projects on the go which I will look forward to sharing with you soon and I'm mulling over a new one a day project as well as Carole recently posted that she will start up the Mr Linky again soon.

These are amongst the last bloggy photos I took before a camera issue occurred so for the next little while it will be phone photos on here.  I have a very old i-phone which doesn't take great photos so they may not be up to much, I'll do my best though.

I'm linking in with Tami today, always lots of lovely inspiration over there if you are lacking finishing mojo.  I will be having a look at as many projects as I can in between working on this...
which I would like to have finished by the weekend.  Hmmm, I'm going to have to get busy with my hook to achieve that!

23 comments:

  1. I do not get the fascination with Noro, most of it feels horrible, and its so expensive!

    Lovely result though... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos. I do live the scarf and the colours are amazing. I've never used noro yarn before myself.
    Your scarf does look real nice and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely scarf, I've never used Noro but could be tempted when seeing all the pretty things made with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a lovely scarf. I agree with your assessment of Noro, I thought it would be wonderful because you see it everywhere, but after using it once, I can take it or leave it. I would definitely take that scarf though, it is ace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful scarf. You did a great job matching colors after broken bits. Looks great! I am glad One-A-Day is coming back too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love your scarf....stripes are actually the best!! The colours are fab. I've not used Noro before but have always liked the look of it, not so keen on broken yarn though, how can the expensive ones get away with it?

    Your cat is looking lovely, I bet there'll be arguments over who it will belong to!

    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, there will be an amineko (is that the name?). Those are so cute. The scarf is so lovely, too bad the yarn isn't all that (it's not very cheap either!!!). I still were a scarf, since the weather is not that good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your scarf is beautiful. I am not a knitter so I didn't see your mistakes! I crochet just about everything! I love the yarn you choose.. would like to know where you go it from? Shari!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE it - all I can see is the prettiness! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely scarf, the Noro colours are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its really a pretty scarf. I really like it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful scarf! I do agree about fighting with Noro yarn, though...It comes in such gorgeous colors and textures, I wish it were easier to deal with!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so satisfying finishing something you've had on the go for a while, isn't it? And your scarf looks great, even if it sounds like the process was rather frustrating! I've never worked with Noro yarn but have a skein just waiting to be stitched up. At least now I know to brace myself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard that about Noro before. I've never used it, but I might nevertheless because it looks great. Your scarf is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The colors of Noro are lovely-- your scarf is beautiful-- even in the mulchy sections!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The scarf looks great! I like the character Noro adds to projects when it doesn't quite stripe the way we might like it to. It makes things very one-of-a-kind.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the colors on this scarf! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Interesting...I only see a lovely scarf with no errors :) I hope you enjoy wearing it and that you have fun finishing your crocheted critter by this weekend!
    Gracie <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is a beautiful scarf! I also got Noro and made a scarf, but my problems with it are mostly the debris in it and worse is the scratchy itchy feel of it. I can't imagine wearing it around my neck! The kitty looks adorable, can't wait to see it done. I need to finish Teddy #5! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this silk garden will be OK, but I have tried working with taiyo and it literally bought me out in a rash. I hope that teddy goes well for you, the cat is finished, I will show him on Friday. X

      Delete
  20. The Noro scarf looks amazing. I personally haven't worked w/any b/c I find it a bit scratchy I'm afraid.
    I love the look of those kittens!

    ReplyDelete