Friday, 4 May 2012

WOL

Here is my Finished Object for this week.  I love her...
She was inspired (as I mentioned on Wednesday) by the great example I saw here.  I thoroughly enjoyed making her but I did make a lot of alterations to the original 70s pattern I found online.  It appeared to made for a very tall, very thin tea pot.  I think the eyes are the same but that's about it.

Sadly she is not universally loved in our house.  B says she has no wings (even though I added the scalloped edging to combat this particular issue) and Mr HT has been less than enamoured for some reason.  I care not.  I think she's lovely.  The only real trouble with her was choosing the colours.  She started off burnt orange (which was nice) but somehow she wanted to be more owly so out came the silvery grey.  There are more details about her on my Ravelry Project page if you would like to know the nitty gritty.  She is living on a shelf in my kitchen and I have arranged her so that she peers slightly around the corner. This amuses me, for some reason nobody else has noticed.  Sigh.  Sometimes I wonder why I bother.
One more little FO.  My knitting sister (or sockster as I sometimes refer to her) came over to be driven to Wonderwool and bought me these gorgeous knitted mitts...
Sadly it did not occur to me to take them with me to Wales, where they would have been very useful.  I do not know where she got the pattern (a magazine I think she said) but the wool was left over from the Crazy Zauberball Christmas socks she made me.  Just in case she is reading this she should know that I will from henceforth be disappointed if she turns up with chocolates or wine.  She is my sister and therefore I shamelessly demand knitted gifts.

I am very excited that today is the day our little craft group meets, it is one of my favourite ways to spend a morning.  We spend lots of time putting the world to rights in that way that only mutually supportive females can.  They are all fab and knowing them is making settling into Hilly Town so much easier.

This weekend is considerably less busy looking than the last few so I am looking forward to visiting lots of the FOs on Tami's website.  Perhaps I will see some of you there.

18 comments:

  1. Ohhh that owl is the cutest! I think she looks really cute peering from the shelf *g*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooooooo in love with that Owl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest tea cosy I've every seen. I LOVE her!! And what a perfect perch for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tea cozy...anything with that cute of eyes is awesome!

    And I love the mitts...the colors are so summery sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute tea cozy...she is beautiful.
    What a lovely sister you have, if i had made them i would not of been able to part with them!
    happy weekend
    love jooles x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG so cute! I love it. The eyes are awesome. All thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I love this post so much. Your owl is wonderful, for shame the people that think it isn't. I love it!! And this fingerless gloves--could they be any cuter? Probably not, I love them, perfect colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that tea cozy is perfectly adorable! Don't let anybody tell you differently.
    And if I had a knitting sister, I would shamelessly demand gifts too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The owl is adorable.. don't listen to the naysayers. I was so impressed with the knitted mitts.. those are gorgeous!!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Often other halts just don't get out love of all things crafty, but I love owly what a lovely idea. As for having such a talented sister with same interest how lucky are you :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i think the owl looks amazing regardless of those comments said in your household :) and those gloves are lovely and bright!x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your owl tea cozy - those eyes are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great owl, it would make me smile too, peeping round the corner.

    Mitts are great, your sister is a clever girly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely adorable. I'm surrounded by boys (except for Jingles the cat who is female) but they care nothing about what I make. That's alright, though. What we do is for our own enjoyment. And yes, when someone can make gifts, it should definitely be a requirement when giving (though I wouldn't mind some wine, too). Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the owl....she is gorgeous and much nicer looking than her inspiration. And the mitts are scrummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So creative your teapot cosy is!
    The mitts look so soft and love the watermelow vibe in its colorway.

    ReplyDelete