Wednesday, 2 May 2012

WIP Wednesday

It's been a couple of weeks since I managed a WIP Wednesday, not that I haven't had WIPs, just no time to post.  The inspiration for this post comes entirely from here.  I have been meaning to make a tea cosy for ages to add crochet loveliness to my kitchen but hadn't been able to find the perfect one.  I love the tea cosy pattern I made here from Alice's Blog but I'd made one of those quite recently so was very happy to have a try at something different.
Michelle is releasing a pattern for her owl very soon in her etsy shop and I'm sure it will be brilliant.  I used a free one that I found online and had to tweak it a lot.

I'm also thinking about how to back some crochet cushion fronts I have made, maybe I'll have one of those finished by Friday to show you as well as my completed owl.

Right, I'm going to pop over to Tami's to see what everybody else is up to.

11 comments:

  1. The owl looks fab. I do have a soft spot for those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this looks great! I love the eyes! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh i love tea cosies, and the colour's you've chosen are fabulous - have a great day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute. Our local teashop has a counter full of brown bettys, each with its handmade tea cozy. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the eyes are so adorable! Can't wait to see the finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It will be fun to see your owl all done. I'll check back.. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's looking great so far, I can't wait to see it finished. I love owls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So far I have bought 3 tea cosies and a kit to make another, but you inspire me to want to knit or chochet one, too. (: Whooooo could not fancy your owl for the job! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even in WIP form, this owl is adorable. I can't wait for Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your owl and the pattern looks really nice. I can't wait to see it when its done:)

    ReplyDelete