Tuesday, 8 May 2012

The Little Pink Bag

I am happy to show you a little finished object which has been playing on my mind.  I finished the crochet part of this bag ages ago but hadn't got round to lining it until last night.  Little B has been very patient but I think she was beginning to give up on it ever being finished.  Try as I might I can't get a decent picture of the lining, I think because I wasn't very happy with how I sewed it in, but FYI it is a rather stylish pink with fish all over.  I will try again when the light is better and the house is a bit tidier, I can't find anywhere uncluttered to lay it out at the moment.

Anyway, here is my little one wearing said bag and a fairy outfit.  There was so much pinkness going on that I decided it might be better in black and white...
As you can see it lies nicely across her body, leaving her hands free for the important business of being 3. Here is a close up, but the pink is wrong, sigh, I'm not having a good camera day today...
It's actually quite a pretty pink and not neon at all.  Sadly I have lost the pattern I jotted down for this but on reflection I think it would be better put together differently and without the shaping round the bottom which made it difficult to line neatly.  I will have another go and this time I'll write it in a book where it won't get lost!

Right, I'd better go and do some tidying before I lose one of the children in the mess.  I'm working on a giveaway, hopefully it will be ready by the beginning of next week, I'm looking forward to saying thank you to you all for reading my blog.  X

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! (Your daughter and her bag!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bag!!! In fact, I'm thinking that maybe I need to hook up a quick little bag for a birthday party my daughter is headed to this weekend? Hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet is THAT?!? Is that openwork pattern supposed to look like ribbons/bows because that's exactly what I'm seeing there...how clever! I love pink, no matter what the shade! And that angelic smile on your little one......I remember when mine was that size. She's graduating from college on Saturday and I'm pretty sure I only blinked a couple of times since she was this age! I find it oh so hard to jot patterns when I'm creating. I'm trying to be better about it...just so that I have it for my own future reference! Details, details...they get in the way! LOL Hugs, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love that photo of your beautiful fairy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet. And I am sitting here wondering how there could be too much pinkness going on when one is so cute? Love the bag and good luck with keeping the pattern next time. I am forever losing mine. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Little B and the bag and just the right shade of pink for a 3 year old!

    Amanda
    A new follower - a Brit living in Spain :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daughter and your bag are beeeeeYOUteeeeeefull! I have a hard time photographing reds and pinks too.. but your photo is lovely. It's a great bag! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely bag and little one! I blogged about the little bags I crocheted for my grand girls last fall, but I did not line them, nor did I create a delightful design as you did. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A) your daughter is just sooo adorable, B) I love b/w for portrait shots C) that bag is sooo cute. Win win really.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaah, that is adorable! She looks so happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet! the bag turned out really nice!
    Love it:)
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bag is lovely and your little one models it beautifully! I wish I could dress my littlest in a pink fairy outfit, I think my hubby would divorce me!

    I too have been trying to finish something for a giveaway, but I'm beginning to have a crisis of confidence in my design abilities!

    My house is shockingly untidy, I can find things, but that's probably because I left them there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am now curious how much pink is too much pink. Because I like a lot of pink! :) The bag is quite adorable, as is your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what an adorable fairy!love the bag soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too adorable of a pic! A faerie and her stylish, cute bag to collect goodies and such.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A bolsinha é linda, mais a modelo é mais linda ainda.
    Parabéns.
    Beijo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous bag and Little B is adorable! Such a cute picture.

    Lori x

    ReplyDelete