Friday, 13 April 2012

BAMCAL2012 FOs

It has been very busy here over the last week with not much craft getting done.  Obviously with the little ones and Mr HT at home I find that the time gets very full and, while I still crochet as usual after B and L have gone to bed, I don't get time to read blogs or write posts.  I've got a bit of a backlog of things I would like to blog about now though, so I'm going to try and do a few posts this week.

So, here are my finished objects for this week.  I have finished the squares chosen for this month's BAMCAL2012 plus one other...
Lion's Mane
Easter Day Square which I made on Good Friday as it seemed appropriate.

This last one is the only one completed as the instructions suggested.  The first two I had a lot of trouble with for some reason (lack of sleep probably) and so I tweaked them, especially the second one, the edging of which was not to my taste (too lacy) and so I did my own thing.

I want to add at this point that the pink isn't really that pink, it is deeper than it looks in the photos but I simply can't get it right on screen.  Every month I get this project out and think it is hideous and should just be joined in some way and then disposed of as soon as possible, but by the time I have laid it all out and added to it I come round to loving it again...
and my daughters absolutely adore it, so it will not be lying around unloved upon completion, in fact I regularly have to hunt the squares down amongst the dolly beds and toy prams which litter our house.

I am looking forward to catching up with the other projects at Tami's blog over the weekend.  Why not pop over and have a look.

8 comments:

  1. Your squares look great!, it's nice to try different patterns, but also good when you're able to change about edges etc... When they don't work how you wan them too. I like the freshness of the colours together, I don't get much opportunity to splurge on pink having all boys and I've made all boy baby blankets recently, it's funny how that happens isn't it.

    Enjoy these last few days of the kids hols and have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I love seeing all your blocks together like that---I completely understand why you fall in love with it anew each time you lay them out. (And isn't that the best kind of project? One that kind of...surprises you with its coolness.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que crochê mais lindo.
    Que cores lindas.
    Parabéns.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the intricacy of the middles of the first two squares. I love reading how they're stolen about for dollies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours combine so well together and the pattern looks so complicated but so effective.

    My son (age 10 going on 13) even commented on how lovely it looked, praise indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, that is great! I'm glad they liked them.

      Delete
  6. the colour are amazing! what beautiful squares.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours in this, so pretty and cheerful! Looks great and will be fabulous finished :-)

    Lori xxx

    ReplyDelete