Wednesday, 14 March 2012

WIP Wednesday

I've been neglecting my blog a little over the last few weeks, there has been a lot of sickness in our house, but I think we're coming out of it now and I'm ready to leap back into blog land.  Here are my current WIPs, I seem to have a lot of things on the go at the moment but these two are the most pressing.
This one is going to be a Tea-Cosy for my mother on Mothering Sunday (which is this Sunday coming in the UK).  This is taking up the vast majority of my time and will definitely have to be a FO by Friday, or actually Thursday, if I am to get it in the post.  My mother and I are both fond of the Royal Family (not in an obsessive way you understand, no portraits over the fire or anything), so I thought I would make it a little celebration of the upcoming Diamond Jubilee and use vintage tones of red, white and blue. I love these colours together and am thinking of making myself something using them next week.  The pattern, which will be well known to many of you is from here.  I've ordered an embellishment for it off ebay as well so I'm hoping that will arrive very soon.
This one is another square which I am half way through working.  I am taking considerable pleasure at the moment in making some of the squares from the 2011 Block A Month Crochet Along on Ravelry.  To think that I had to give up on this CAL in January last year because I could not manage the squares!  This cast iron evidence of my progress really pleases me, perhaps I am not too old to turn my hand to something new.  I think of these squares as other people think of Soduku or Crosswords, something to be puzzled out and enjoyed. This one is called Yarn Clouds and I am sticking with my crazy colours.  The pink is being limited a little though and I am focussing in on the teal, which is a favourite colour of mine.
As always I have too many things on the go, but I love a busy yarn basket so I can live with it.

Why not pop over to Tami's and see what the others have all been up to this week?


13 comments:

  1. Love the colours in your tea cosy, can you carry the yarn around....sorry, I should probably just read the pattern!

    Your square looks good, isn't amazing when something suddenly clicks after not making any sense....I've had a few moments like that recently.

    I'm glad you're all n the mend, hopefully the better weather with the beginning of spring will kick all buggy things in to touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that tea cosy is looking lovely. The perfect pressie. I need to get myself going on one of those, we have a rather drab brown tea pot and it'd in need of some colour!
    I know what you mean about the royal family, I'm thinking of some patriotic bunting for the jubilee weekend!!
    Gorgeous square, is great when you realise yourself how far you have come in something and that your not afraid to tackle it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great! I hope everyone is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your huge project basket!! It looks like mine- overflowing with yarny goodness :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the idea for the tea cosy, I bet it will look fab finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice idea - a tea cozy for the jubilee. Perfect colour choices. Now, my fingers are firmly crossed that your embellishment arrives today or tomorrow!

    I also really like that Yarn Clouds square. I've faved it, and if I weren't so far behind on my wips, I'd queue it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, I loves me a tea cozy! Pretty square too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That will be such a patriotic tea cozy! I love the Royal Family too. I have their feed on FB. I love how they're so into modern technology.
    That looks like such a fun dishcloth. With crochet, you can do some things so much easier than in knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been trying to post a comment all afternoon! I hope this now works.
    I love the idea of your Tea cosy and it looks amazing loving the colours. Your wool basket is lovely.
    I do hope that you are all fit and healthy now.
    SHelley

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your crochet projects look lovely!
    I particularly love the tea cosy- this has been on my to-do list for so long now. LOVE those regal colours.
    I am inspired, thank you!
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tea cosy is very ideal for celebrating both Mother's Day and the Diamond Jubilee, you even have the right colours going in it :)

    Your square is looking awesome, and I am pleased to see you have gotten much better in comparison to last year. Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not normally a big red-white-and-blue fan, but your tea cosy looks perfect. The way the colours are all...interlocked like that is so, so eye-pleasing. What a wonderful gift.

    I love the square, too---the crazy colours look perfect to me. (I'm also a big fan of teal.) I wanted to do the block-a-month CAL, but I don't really have the yarn budget right now to get enough yarn to make the blocks in coordinating colours so that I could do up a proper blanket with them, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad to hear that everyone is feeling better around your house! Love your WIPs.. I'm on the last leg (virtually!) of my 3rd Teddy Bear which I intend on finishing today. I'll post about it this afternoon.... hopefully.
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete