Thursday, 15 March 2012

Tiaras and Teapots

Hello

Firstly let me apologise for not getting round to see more of your WIPs on Wednesday, time just got away from me.  Secondly I am going to post this early, on Thursday night rather than Friday morning.  I just know that I've got so much going on tomorrow that I might forget to link in with Tami, but I'll try to remember to do it first thing.

Here is my finished object for the week, my Jubilee Tea Cosy from this smashing pattern...
I hope that when the Queen next pops round to my mother's for a cuppa she can take of her tiara, kick back and regroup after a hard day in a suitably patriotic environment.

Here it is in colour...
I am pleased with the gold crown adorning it's top, I used the carnival edging Alice suggests in her pattern and I think it looks rather spiffing.  Sadly my embellishment did not arrive from ebay in time but actually I don't think it was needed so I'll save it for another project.  My Mother In Law came up trumps with a supply of fabulous military brass buttons, so I was able to keep the regal tone for the fastening as well...
Overall I am very happy with it.  I think it is a good sign that I was unwilling to wrap it up and post it.  If you are interested in copious, un-necessarily detailed pattern notes then my ravelry notes are here.

Have a wonderful weekend.  X

29 comments:

  1. Great job on the tea cosy, love the details of the brass buttons and the crown - perfect for the Diamond Jubilee xxx

    Leah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Love that button.
    Do these cozies help keep the pot warm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! I love the little crown on top... you should send one to the Queen too... I remember seeing a photo of HRH and Philip having brekkie... it would brighten up her table :)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fantastic job on that! Your Mom will be so pleased, I know I would!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, tea will taste so much better coming from that snuggled tea pot :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous finishing touch! Totally keeping this pattern to make :-) Love the contrast of how it looks in black and white with a tiara. Great styling! And the crown at the top with the little crown button... too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great, the little crown is a super finishing touch

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Having some tea cosy envy right now. That's just lovely H x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is adorable! It fits perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a great tea cozy, it is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow yoru tea cosy is so gorgeous, very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is amazing!! I love the crown on the top, such fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's absolutely perfect, what a wonderful present to give!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect button choice. My eBay stuff is never very timely either :(
    Does HM often pop in at your Mum's for tea?

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a stunning tea cosy! I love it! Love your button to. You should be proud of your creation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are right! Your cosy looks fit for the queen :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your tea cozy! I keep meaning to make one but it gets shuffled down the queue. You have inspired me to rethink my queue! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute! And the button is the perfect detail ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant tea cosy from the crown top to the fab button! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it =) so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Not wanting to part with an FO is always a good sign! And I'd have a hard time parting with something as amazing as this cosy, too. The crown at the top is perfect, as is the button. Really lovely---the queen will adore it when she pops by your mum's for tea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. The button and crown really set this baby off. What a fabulous tea cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A very regal tea cosy indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the tea cosy! The button is perfect for it and the crown is fantastic :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous teacosy, love the crown on top :-)

    Lori xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. We are amused. :-D Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete