Thursday, 29 March 2012

The perfect wood...

Last weekend we went for a walk in some perfect woods near to my Parent In Law's new home.  We found the route through searching for somewhere to find a Geocache (more information here) locally, little L has not been sleeping well.  She has what I would term a "busy mind", and I thought maybe by tiring her out physically she would be able to get off to sleep with less trouble than usual.

I call it a perfect wood because it had everything, the walk to it was across open fields...
The entrance to it called to us with its gently bending tree archway and copper beech leaves all over the ground...
There were gnarled trees to examine...
A stream for silly dogs to splash around in and for us to find ways across...
And in the next couple of weeks it will be covered in bluebells, I will try to go and get a picture of them for my little blog.  We didn't see another walker the whole time we were in there, it was a clean, unspoilt, stunningly lit area of genuinely outstanding beauty and I wanted to remember it here.  Oh, and L slept like a little log that night, so there will be lots more walks like this to come over Easter.

Our little expedition made me so happy that we have chosen to come and live in the Cotswolds.  I love to see the girls become familiar with a beautiful environment which will be theirs for years to come.

8 comments:

  1. What a nice walk. I love that twisted tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures and you have such a cute dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely location, so many nice places to walk in the Cotswolds when you know where to look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great to get out on family walks? We've been going a couple of times a week for the past few weeks, he kids love it and our farm collie comes with our puppy now too. It's good for the soul, especially with the sunny weather we've been having.

    Your woodland walk looked lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great place to live and explore.. how nice that you live there!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really does look like the perfect wood. It looks like you had a lovely day and it's nice that you will have that to look forward to on special occasions (when you visit your parent in law) so it will be even better and the novelty won't wear off! Lovely, Alice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so beautiful---thank you for sharing the photos! I'm so glad to know that you have such beauty to walk in, and that you're sharing it with your daughters. I grew up going on (not frequent enough!) nature walks with my parents, and that love is going to remain with me forever, I think.

    ReplyDelete