Saturday, 11 February 2012

My Shawl

I finished my shawl!  I am extremely pleased with it, it is big and warm and cosy, and it's been a comfort to be working on it during a difficult week.   It is ravelled here if you would like more details.


But no more Bleurghs for me, I have so many things to be thankful for after all, a lovely family, a big silly dog, the friendliest cat in the world, new friends, old friends, bloggy friends, being nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award (thank you so, so much, more on that to come), wine, new orange and shortbread galaxy chocolate and now a cosy shawl.  So what if I spent a couple of days moping about a job I didn't get?  It obviously wasn't the right job.  Maybe this is the year I will write that novel, who knows?  It would be wrong to be downhearted, I am one of the luckiest people in the world and I get to spend time with my beautiful daughters that some mothers can only dream of having with theirs.


I can even make soup and drink it as I read lovely blogs, whilst feeling too downbeat to write my own.  I have been struck this past couple of weeks by how many of you are going through hard times, terrible times in some cases.  I am so sorry and you are in my thoughts and prayers, if you were near enough to invite round for a cup of tea and a shoulder to cry on I would.

So I am going to pick up my African Flower and try and catch up on my One A Day project, which just wasn't mindless enough for this week.  I hope that you are having a lovely weekend, making something warm and seeing the people you love.  I'll be back very soon with a book review.

14 comments:

  1. LOVE that shawl. And the soup beginnings look amazing- such a vivd green.
    And you can't beat the smell of leeks cooking, either.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawl looks great. Glad you are feeling more cheerful and thinking positive. But sometimes having a day of bleurgh occasionally helps too

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shawl would cheer me up too it is fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of loves in your blog.. the shawl, the pot of veggies.. the POT.. I have a Caribbean blue Le Creuset that I love. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilly sometimes we have to go through these lows to make the good stuff really good!! I too love the shawl and it sounds like you really have the weather for it at the moment! Meanwhile I am sitting typing with sweat running down my back...I'm looking forward to winter!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shawl is gorgeous Hilly :) and the colors soooo beautiful !! I love it!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful shawl you have created. The colours are so cheerful and soft. I'm having job rejection woes myself (in my case waaaaay more than one). Things will get better, and with all the good things you listed, how can they not?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shawl, I bet it is snuggly.

    Your leeks look yummy, I bet the soup was nice, I can almost smell it.

    I'm sorry things have been hard recently, I think it's a very hard time of year for a lot of people, whether here is a big thing looming over you, or just a need to get some sunshine or respite from the cold and bleak.

    I'm sure the right job WILL come along and you'll realise it was the perfect job for you...in the meantime enjoy the simple things and knit and crochet as that will put the world to rights! Have a good Sunday.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your shawl looks beautiful...well done you!!! Sorry about the job. Like you say, maybe it just wasn't meant to be but it's still always a blow to the self-esteem. We think you're fab (if that helps) and your kiddies would agree I'm sure. Call this 'mommy time' for now. Job time will come later. lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Harriet... I just had the same happen to me... I got all excited about a new job...it would have been absolutely perfect for me! I found out I hadn't got it just before I flew out to Madrid for a weekend with my hubby and it nearly ruined the weekend... I had to do some very stern talking to myself! I do believe that there is always a reason for these things though...it just means that something better is just around the corner. I LOVE your shawl... I'm off to look at it on Ravelry... have a lovely Sunday, hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A very pretty shawl. I'm sorry you didn't get that job, but things can happen for a reason, yeah? And bigger opportunities open up and the right path you'll travel down will soon come to light.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good you're feeling positive, too often we forget about the little things that are so wonderful :-)
    Love the shawl, what fabulous colours!
    Lori xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your shawl is fantastic, just what you need to keep you warm and wrap around yourself and give yourself a great big hug. The job market can be so cruel, and how can a cv or a short interview let people know how great you are. But the right job or the inspiration for a book is just around the corner waiting for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that is beautiful. Puts me in mind of a cool evening stroll in the garden all snuggled up. Lovely! xoxox

    ReplyDelete