Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Tuesday Tallies....Hooray!

Hello

I am so happy to be joining you with a Tuesday Tally for Carole's One A Day group today.  I have missed taking part in this lovely friendly little corner of Bloggy Land, but was waiting until I found a project which was suitable for a One A Day approach.

I am on a Stash Busting mission at the moment.  I want to clear some space.  My lovely house, which we have only been in for six months, is already heaving from the amount of stuff we are cramming into it.  Whilst sorting through a corner of my stash I found all the King Cole Bamboo Cotton I had left from the bags I made for Christmas and realised that I had quite a bit left.  I decided to use it up by making these....


I am not sure what I am going to do with them yet and it won't be an enormous project because I don't really want to buy any more yarn but I am pleased at how they are turning out.  These little flowers are definitely worthy of their popularity, they are ever so quick and easy to make and the more of them you gather together the better they look.  As you will see I have made six so far and am trying to stick to one a day as I would like to turn them into a finished project before too long.  I'm thinking maybe some sort of bag.  The Bamboo Cotton is lovely to work with, it's really smooth and not as hard on my hands as pure cotton.  I don't think I am the only one in the house finding these appealing, can you spot the escaping African Flower Hexagon?  B adores them...


I would also like to mention that I am planning to join in with Cherry Heart's Pretty Crafty Home.  My house is generally surface tidy but every cupboard is heaving with stuff.  I feel this desperate urge to clear the place at the moment, I find it oppressive that I can't open a cupboard without things falling out of it.  Slowly but surely I am going to clear this place of junk and turn it into an environment where things can actually be found.  It's not glamorous but it is therapeutic.  I'll share the more photogenic bits with you, especially once I start to decorate them with crafty goodness.

I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday and can heartily recommend a trip over to Gingerbread Girl's blog for a look at the other One A Day projects.

19 comments:

  1. what beautiful colours you have for your african flower hexagons, i look forward to seeing what you will turn it into. I am thinking of joining pretty crafty home but I'm not really sure how much time i have at present. I look forward to seeing how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Beautiful! Love the colors. I've joined in with the de-cluttering over at Cherry Heart. What an awesome idea. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2012/01/one-day-project-tuesdays-tallies_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really love these colours Hilly T especially in this pattern! Stash busting is quite fun sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your colours and your choice of the AFH motif - lovely! I am also looking for a crochet project, not for one a day, just because I want one :D

    Good luck with the decluttering too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful hexies! They are on my list of things to do. That is going to make a beautiful blanket!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh they're lovely (I'd be sneaking one too if I could just reach one of those ends to pull!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These hexis are really cute - the colors are so harmonious together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're beautiful. Its great to get projects from your stash. I think it always feels so much more satisfying :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hexs are gorgeous! I love the colours :) A bag sounds like a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Make it into a bag. We are in the middle of one in Ravelry. I finished mine last week. Your flowers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so pretty hexagons! Love the colours together, a bag would be gorgeous. What a pretty way to use up left over yarn :-)
    I really need to sort out my craft room/spare room/general dumping ground. My house is so small everything seems to end up there and it's getting out of control! It's just getting up the nerve to take on such a mammoth task....
    Lori xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh, they look wonderful. I love AF's and your colours are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your new project, they are so pretty and cotton is lovely to work in isn't it?

    I desperately need to sec utter, but then my mum is in the same process and saying no to her lovely clutter is very difficult....there's no hope for me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The coral pink coloured yarn is lovely with the turquoise.

    I've considered joining in with Cherry Hearts plans. We all lead such busy lives with so much stuff (especially kiddie toys in my case!) that it's easy for it to get a bit out of control. My cupboards are also bulging with stuff.

    I will enjoy following your cleaning and crafting efforts. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for the shout out! Loving the african flowers - such a great pattern.

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am in love with those flowers. I gave you an award.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello - I found you at the Tuesday Tally. This is my first week. I love that pattern and your colors. Great work!

    ReplyDelete