Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Oh Christmas Tree....

Hello

I've been rather absent on here for a while.  Little B has had a birthday and I've had a fair bit of work on.  I was actually offered a job today but had to turn it down as it wasn't really what I want to do and I'm not willing to give up being at home with B for anything less than a job for our long term good.  Time will tell whether that was the right decision.

Anyway, this is my obligatory Christmas Tree post.  We put up our tree after B's birthday in this house so that her birthday doesn't get lost in the ever extending Christmas period.  I sent Mr HT off with the girls to find a tree while I did some last minute preparations for her birthday party and he came back with a lovely tubby little number.  It's about five foot tall and the same amount wide!

Here is L (hair styled by her own fair hand) decorating the tree...


I have to admit to doing some major overhauling of the tree after my little cherubs had gone to bed but they didn't seem to notice.

In the end we had this lovely vision...


And at night it looks like this...


I don't go overboard with decorations, I tend to concentrate on getting the main room really Christmassy with the tree and candles all around.  You may be able to spot L's snowflakes on the window behind the tree, they look so pretty.  Here is a gratuitous close up shot of one of my very favourite decorations...


and one of these blobby shots, inspired by the one I saw in this Bunny Mummy post.  I think this one might have been taken Mr HT actually, because I didn't have a clue how to do it, but he won't mind.


Christmas has well and truly begun in this house now and I'm beginning to look forward to it, especially now that the Christmas Shopping is mostly done.  I've got lots more to share with you over the next few days, I am so enjoying the Christmassy posts in Blog land at the moment, they make me feel very festive.

9 comments:

  1. I agree, Christmas is in full swing in blogland. Your tree looks lovely, really special at night. I had to re-jig a fair few decorations on Sunday night after the children had gone to bed, it looked very one-sided and in danger of toppling!
    I can see your daughter is showing a very creative side and may have a future in hair design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, your tree looks WONDERFUL! Looking forward to your other posts and I'm glad I double checked, because I thought I was subscribed but I wasn't *gasp* but that's now rectified!

    I was really interested to read your comment on my blog and your words here about the job offer. It sounds like the right decision. I won't be rushing into anything, as my priority is certainly the kids and we've managed without my income for 5 years, so I'm not about to rush into anything. I'm thinking about re-training or setting something up on my own, but at the moment I can't really commit to doing either because my husband is heartily following his dreams at the moment and it means I have to be here and 100% dependable for the kids... it's exciting and also a little bewildering as there is so much choice and opportunity, but so much to think about.

    Anyway, have a lovely evening and I'll catch up with you soon :)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to smile at this post because it was my eldest's birthday yesterday and we always put our tree up the weekend before her birthday. Your decs look gorgeous!
    I stayed at home for 10years with my Littlies until youngest went to school. Then my perfect job came up it was fate, it wasn't even a job I was properly trained for. I am able to put the kids on the school bus then be home when they get home, it works out just great. When it's right for you it's just right for you.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Christmas post! My tree is so very tiny and from plastic. Yours must smell so wonderful, I kind of miss that lovely smell. But I might buy some branches so I still have the smell of pinetrees in my home. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tree! I love how you said you won't work at a job that you're not really looking for and that will prevent you from being home with your child. Reading that kind of gave me a validation to choosing to stay home and not go back to teaching which is more than a 40 hour job.
    Your daughter is so cute. Girls are so fun aren't they with the endless selection of accessories and clothes to choose from?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tree is beautiful. You should definitely try needle felting. I did that santa after a one day course. It is very easy to pick up and the results are very rewarding. Hope you all have a very happy Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post.. your daughter is aDORable! I so miss my GDs. Your tree is gorgeous.. love the dotty photo.. not sure how to do that. Fun times.
    :¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    :¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I nominated you for the Liebster Award.

    ReplyDelete