Saturday, 17 December 2011

My Toe Hake

Not to be outdone by her older sister, little B took part in her own nativity play earlier this week in which she starred as a Toe Hake.  It took us a while to figure out what a Toe Hake was initially, until we realised that it was a hake which comes down when it toes, then all was clear.


Once again I am limited in the photos I can show you, as I would not put somebody else's child on here without their parent's permission, but it was a lovely little play full of the usual nursery school Nativity shenanigans. There were Sulky kings, shouty singing, a disgruntled mini Father Christmas refusing to pull his own sleigh, a baby doll being elaborately manhandled as Jesus, it was perfect in every way and my mother in law and I chuckled all the way through it.  At one point B did an impromptu solo, rather well I thought but then I am her mother.

The cakes afterwards had to be seen to be believed.  People really pushed the boat out and they were delicious. My own Christmas flapjack looked rather dull in comparison but actually it was very tasty and Mr HT has demanded that I make more soonest.  To make Christmas flapjack all one does is make normal flapjack but add a teaspoon of cinnamon and a handful of dried sweetened cranberries to the mix.  I am not domestic diva but it worked very well.

I am also enjoying my crochet again having started a shawl in lovely red, be-sequinned, King Cole Galaxy.  I will post more information in a later post and I only have the most rubbish of shots for you, taken when I had only just started it...


it's too dark now for another one but I'm off to work on it now in splendid peace and without feeling hurried or stressed in the slightest.  Lovely.

I am so excited to tell you that I have been nominated for a blog award!!!  I am so grateful that people like my blog and thrilled that I now have over 50 followers.  Thank you all so much for taking time to read my thoughts and comment, I am so grateful.  I want to take time to talk properly about the blog award so I'm going to save that for a post of it's own but I didn't want anybody to think I hadn't noticed and been very thrilled because that certainly isn't the case.

Until next time, keep smiling through the Christmas season.

8 comments:

  1. I was so amused by your description of the play that I read it to hubby and we both enjoyed it immensely! It took me back to my children's xmas plays.. my daughter hid behind her drum through the whole song of "Little Drummer Boy". I was so embarrassed!
    :¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    :¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous little Toe Hake! So cute! Congratulations on your award and Happy Holidays to you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that colour, your shawl will be really beautiful when it's done :-) I couldn't work out what it was when I first glanced at the photo!

    Your little one looks very cute! I was always a blooming sheppherd when I was in the nativity, 3 years running! I always wanted to be an angel :-)

    Pop over to my blog... I've nominated you for an award :-D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being nominated for the Liebster by Nicole! I am glad she did because it allowed me to find your beautiful blog! I just became a follower because I want to come back and visit often. Cannot wait to see how your lovely red shawl turns out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    :¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:
    Who wouldn't want to be a Toe Hake?? She is a beautiful Toe Hake and as we all know each and every Toe Hake is completely unique. the look of the new yarn looks a really lovely and festive.
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter looks lovely in her nativity, it so wonderful to see them enjoying all the celebrations.
    My boy's school did a very traditional Pirates of the Caribbean this year!! Not an angel in sight.
    Your shawl looks great, can't wait to see how it progresses. The colour is wonderful and looks so soft and delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And a very pretty toe hake she is.

    Very pretty shawl....how nice to be doing a non-Christmas crochet project....I'm taking it's not a very last minute present, as that would be too like me!

    Hope you have a lovely Christmas! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

    Clicky Needles. x

    ReplyDelete