Friday, 16 December 2011

FO Friday

Wow, what a busy week it is in blog land!  There is so much going on.  This is a very quick post to share a FO with you.  It's the replacement kindle case for my mother's Christmas present....


I am happy to give this one as a gift, unlike the last one!

I made the pattern up myself as I couldn't find a cover worked in the round and didn't want to seam as I don't seem able to do so neatly.  I'm not sure but I think I might have got the idea for the stitch pattern here, I wouldn't like not to give credit where it is due.  Her pattern looks beautiful anyway.  Mine is basically two rows of trebles followed by one row of crossed treble with a few rows of doubles at the top and bottom.  I need to think more carefully about the flap at the top for next time but for a first attempt I'm quite happy.  The details are on Ravelry here.

Once I have got my very excitable littlies to bed I am going over to Tami's blog to see some other finished objects.  

Enjoy your evening.

9 comments:

  1. That is so pretty and lacy! That's why I love crochet.. you can be so creative and figure things out yourself.
    :¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:
    *M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
    :¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Kindle case. We have bought a Kindle for my mum, and you're giving me ideas now!!!!!

    If I don't comment in the next week, I hope you have a lovely Christmas
    Sarah
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work! and lovely blog, too!
    Merry Christmas!
    Vale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous! Such a great gift idea, too. I like how you incorporated different stitches into the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's a pretty kindle case :-) Thanks for following my blog!
    Lori x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the kindle cover! She's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Kindle Case is very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great, love the stitch pattern you chose

    ReplyDelete