Tuesday, 27 December 2011

A Blog Award for me? How kind!





I was extremely grateful this week to be nominated for a blog award, the liebster award.  This is an award given by fellow bloggers to a blog they enjoy.  I can't thank them enough for nominating me, I am amazed but very, very pleased that people like to read my blog.  It all started as a way of keeping track of this new and exciting phase in our lives and a new and exciting craze (crochet of course) in my life.  I am astonished that I have more than 60 followers!  Definitely time to think about a thank you giveaway, probably in the New Year when everything chills out a bit.

The rules of the award are; to thank the person / people who nominated you, to choose five more blogs with less than 200 followers to receive the award and let them know, to post the award to your blog.

So, I was nominated for the award by some of my favourite bloggers.  How lovely that they like my blog to.  In alphabetical order they were:

Hazel's blog holds a place close to my heart, I think it because she started crocheting just a few months after me and so I feel we are both improving at the same time!  She uses beautiful bright colours in ways I would not have thought of and is thoughtful in what she makes.  Always an interesting read.

Full of beautiful yarn projects, Joanne is another mother who stays at home and as such I like to check out what she is up to craft wise and also what she is doing to feed / entertain her family.  She has a great eye for a fun and inspiring project and they all come out beautifully.

Kashi at Kashi's Corner
Kashi's blog is chock a block full of lovely projects.  She uses lots of colour in her projects and is very prolific, it seems that she always has a beautiful piece of work to show us and a friendly comment for others.

Nicole at Nicole and the Bee
Nicole's blog is full of beautiful neat crochet, stylish blankets and cute amigurumi.  She also has useful information on her blog, and yummy recipes.  We seem to belong to a lot of the same ravelry boards as well, so I often get to see her beautiful work.

Suzanne at Crea in the City
One of the happy things about blog world is that you get a sneaky look into the lives of people from other countries.  Suzanne has a sunny outlook on life and a great eye for colour and exciting projects.  She also has a really cute dog who is sometimes the recipient of her talents.

Well, these are all people I could easily have nominated myself, so thank you again.  Here are my nominations, it wasn't easy to choose but I think these all conform to the requirements.

I love Danielle's work and her beautiful hand-dyed yarns!  She has great photographs and a fun way of writing which means it is always a pleasure to read her posts.

At 196 followers I had better be quick!  Her blog has beautiful photographs and lovely fresh ideas of things to make as well as free patterns.  


This one is read with the aid of google translate, it is a beautiful blog full of interesting use of colour and gorgeous projects.  Once again it feeds into my love of reading posts from around the world.

Crafter, mother, small business owner, gardener, carer, this is one busy lady!  Her blog is such an interesting place to be and full of lovely thoughts and ideas.  She is also hosting the Beautiful Blogger Blanket of 2012 which is a fabulous idea and lots of work for her.  I don't know how she does it.

Tickety Boo
This was one of the first blogs I started following when we were thinking about moving to Hilly Town as she is a local blogger who shares many of the same interests as me.  She is also a long standing member of the crochet group I try to get to and she knits amazing socks, a talent I envy a little bit.

I don't think any of these people have yet received the award but if they have I am sure they deserve it again.

I'll be back again soon to share some more crochet stuff with you, I finished my shawl last night so that will be first up.  Enjoy today, I hope lots of you are still on holiday.

9 comments:

  1. It seems everytime I get on the computer you have been nominated again. Congratulations. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and the New Year brings everthing you hope for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award!
    I shall enjoy looking at the blogs you have nominated! All but one are new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you soooo much for this lovely price!
    Have a wonderful New Year!
    Love,
    Vale

    ReplyDelete
  4. its a lovely thing, everyone feels the love :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much!
    What a lovely after-Christmas-present!!
    Enjoy the New Year!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. *C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*!* on all your recognition!!

    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
      *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
    *:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for your kind words about my blog, and of course for your nomination :D

    Hope you had a lovely Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You deserve it :-), thank you for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for the award and your kind words I am very flattered. I will pop on to my blog and thank you properly as soon as possible.
    Love
    Tickety-boo
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete