Wednesday, 30 November 2011

It's beginning to feel a lot like Dubuss....

Hello friendly people.

Thank you so much for popping by.  I wanted to do a Cotswold post today because I am discovering that they do Christmas really well around here.


As the teachers were on strike I took the chance to head off with the girls to the lovely Christmas market in Cirencester.  Cirencester is a stunner of a town, really beautiful.  I have lived there in my past and it was brilliant, though I have to say that Hilly Town suits me better.  It was only a little Christmas market but it was pretty and full to the brim of lovely things.


Isn't this tree covered in felt goodies cute?  We were very taken with it, there were lots of beautiful things on this stall.


And how is this for Christmassy?  A little old fashioned sweet shop we passed on the way back to the car.  It looked so warm and inviting after a chilly, rainy walk through town.  I resisted though, because two little girls I know have lots of lovely sweet treats in store for them over the next few weeks.  I was very good actually and hardly bought anything, I just drunk in the atmosphere and thought how lovely it is that I can look at lots of these things now and think "I could make that if I really wanted it," when two years ago they would have been way beyond me.  I did buy a few little bits and pieces but they are for another time.

I hope you are all beginning to find the joy of Dubuss (B's word for Christmas) sneaking into your life.

13 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for showing us that wonderful place! It got me in the spirit just seeing your photos! How I wish I could be there. I'll have to re-create the beauty in my home.. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! I like you often look at things and think, oh I could make that, only problem is that I have such a horrendous memory I can't remember how what it was when I get home. I need me one of those spy cameras!

    We've been making the most of th strike by putting our tree up today....still lots more to do, but a start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat place. Don't you feel good when you see things in shops and know you can do better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun! My mum and I used to go the Harvest Festival here in the city. I miss that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet market, it's so nice to go somewhere and really get the Christmas festive air. Puts you in such a good mood!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I know that sweet shop is deadly :) Cirencester is lovely. I went earlier this year got some lovely goodies in the Craft Centre and the indoor market.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I know that sweet shop is deadly :) Cirencester is lovely. I went earlier this year got some lovely goodies in the Craft Centre and the indoor market.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Hilly!
    My hubby's birthday is on the first of december and my oldest daughter on the 7th so what a coincidence eh ? :):) so we have always christmas decorations in the birthday's pics :)
    Have a great weekend and happy birthday for your little one!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sweet shop is a real temptation haha. Love wandering around such places. I hope I get to visit some kind of christmas market this year! Have to find some near Rotterdam haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos, the sweet shop looks amazing. We made a visit to what I think is your hilly town last weekend to visit my sister but unfortunately were too busy with family stuff to see the Christmassiness (that's a word right?!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely way to spend a day! I live right on the edge of the Cotswolds and make frequent little foraging trips there.. it can be a magical place, and there is nowhere like it.. you are so lucky to live in Hilly Town! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a charming village and Christmas market. Thanks for sharing your wonderful day and spreading the holiday cheer. I'm off to drink a glass of eggnog and munch on some gingerbread cookies...and dream of old fashioned sweet shops!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Christmas market stall and Henleys are sooooo pretty. thanks for the glimpse, it's all very Dubussy :)

    ReplyDelete