Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Granny Squares Rool OK?

Good Morning.  I hope you are having a lovely day today.  The weather here is horrid, but I don't mind because Mr HT has a week off work and I have lots of crochet as well as a husband to snuggle up with on the sofa.  I've also got a few days work.  It's not much but it's a start!

This week I have been mostly making...

 Granny Squares.  I will need six of these for L's Christmas blanket.  I had thought they would be relatively quick but actually by the time I have sewn in the ends they are very time consuming.  I am having to make a no new techniques rule for this blanket from now on, I just don't have time to learn anything new at the moment.

The blanket so far looks a bit like this...


as I can't join anything until all the squares are finished but when I lay it out I like the colours so I'm happy at the moment.  I'm not bored either which is good, it's hard to get a decent picture of that but here is about the best I managed...

 
I have more or less decided on the squares I will be doing from now on.  I'm going to save the rest of the grannies for Crochet Group as they are fairly mindless.  Last week I had to make four attempts to start my fondant pink butterfly square because I was so busy chatting (I talk too much when I'm nervous about meeting people).  They were all very friendly and they didn't poke me with their crochet hooks once.  On the contrary, I was given a cup of tea and a biscuit.  It will become a definite fortnightly fixture in my calendar.

I am looking forward to checking out how all the others are doing in their one a day projects over on Carole's blog, why not take a peek?

26 comments:

  1. I love your squares all pilled up, they look so squishy! They will be wonderful when they are all together.

    I'm pleased your Crochet Group were kind and you survived with no bruises! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely. It's going to be gorgeous when it's all done and joined!

    And yes, ends are just the worst - I think it takes longer to deal with ends than the actual crochet itself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are a friendly bunch at ACP! Look forward to getting to know you better. Loving the the mix of squares. It's going to be gorgeous.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    They are going to beautiful when done. Love the colors. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2011/11/one-day-project-tuesdays-tallies_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your squares are lovely, but the butterfly ones are so pretty aren't they. Glad your group was good, I would love to go to a craft group, but always have littlest boy with me so they don't really mix! I know what you mean abou chatting and crocheting, someone at the swimming pool seeing me crochet the other day, asked me to show her what I did, well I wasn't even able to hold my hook let alone crochet!

    Enjoy your hubby home, and good news about your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, your squares are wonderful! I love the butterfly squares a lot. And your colours are beautiful. Great, that you have found a nice crochet group, I wish I could join one too. Tea and biscuit sounds great.
    Have a wonderful week! Barbina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blanket squares are looking super. Glad you had a nice time at your group, I credit my knit group with saving my sanity :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty colours. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog today. So nice to "meet" you! Your crochet is fab! I'm off to read more of your great blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. They might be more fiddly but the butterfly squares are ever so pretty, and the colours are lovely together. Glad the crochet group went well, I've never managed to get to one but always wanted to.
    Kier x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely colours in your squares, and they look really soft and squishy too. I keep putting off the local knitting group as I'm not good in new social situations, I'm a bit too shy Glad you had a good time at your group :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do love your squares they are so pretty and such pretty colours, I could do with a crochet group to go to it might inspire me to do some crochet as I am just too busy at the minute.

    Fab progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Arrgh blogger issues! Hope this doesn't end up appearing twice.
    Lovely colours in your squares, and they look so soft and squishy too.
    I keep putting off going to the local knitting group as i'm a bit shy in new social situations, so pleased you had a good time at yours.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those squares are so pretty, love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  15. going to be a really beautiful blanket when done!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just gorgeous! I really love the ones with the pattern in them. Can't wait to see it finished. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're squares are all so pretty, It's going to be stunning. You'll love your crochet group, I have been going to craft group now for a year it started as a fortnightly thing and we now we meet weekly we all love it so much. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. The butterfly squares are so pretty. Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those squares are just delish! Can't wait to see it all joined together and done. I bet you can't wait too! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The squares look great, must be a week for grannies I started making one out of the blue the other night and I love how quickly it grew... they are satisfyingly easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your squares are beautiful, love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. haha I'm the same, when I've been to knitting / crochet groups I've always talked a lot (same reason!) so I always took something simple because I can't trust myself not to mess it up.

    I love both your squares, the granny is very funky!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Coming along beautifully! I LOVE the patterned squares, but the grannies are gorgeous too...I wish there was a crochet group near me... I'm so glad you weren't poked when you went! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful squares - and good news about the crochet group! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wow; this blanket is going to be spectacular!

    ReplyDelete