Wednesday, 19 October 2011

WIP Wednesday

It feels like ages since I had something to share on WIP Wednesday, I've been so absorbed by my one a day project.  This week though I am happy to share the early stages of my Rioting Hitchiker.  I downloaded this one from Ravelry ages ago and have been putting of starting it because of how very slow and rubbish I am at knitting.  I first mentioned it here but have had to restart several times since then.


It took me four attempts to get going on this but eventually, with the judicious application of a moving post-it note at the end of each completed line I got underway.  Please understand that this confusion has nothing to do with the lovely pattern, merely an indication of my inability to follow instructions satisfactorily.

I am using King Cole Riot again for this, having fallen for it when making this for my mother.  This is another really pretty colourway but I have had a lot of trouble capturing its autumnal tones.  Even Mr HT, who is brilliant at these things, had trouble for some reason.  Perhaps when it is finished I'll take it outside and try again.

Why not pop over to Tami's blog for some WIP Wednesday inspiration?

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours. I'm knitting a hitchhiker at the moment and really love it - my mum wants one and I have some King Cole Riot in my stash - you may have just given me a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Nice to see you being so well rewarded for sticking with the pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat shawl to be knitting up; those points are very cool. The yarn looks so sturdy, soft, and what a terrific colourway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Good for you for sticking to the pattern, it will be worth it when you are finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how lovely! I'm knitting a Hitchhiker too, and guess what? I'm using KC Riot DK as well! It knit's up wonderfully doesn't it? I've not used it before and found it a bit splitty at first but now I'm really loving it. The scarf is supposed to be for one of my big girls but I'm getting very tempted to keep it for myself. It is the subject of my yarnalong today if you would like to share a peek. Not the same colourway as yours though.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh that is pretty! I just love colors that meld through the project like that. Good job!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's lovely! Look at how nicely the colors are falling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty in that yarn! I've had good success photographing difficult colours on overcast days. Seems like some of the reds want to oversaturate way too quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! This is 2nd one of these projects I have seen today. Can't wait to see both the finished results. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful yarn! Sticky notes are wonderful...I had to start a hat 5 times once before I could even really get started on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's looking good! I love how that pattern gives you the stripes on an angle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, have you seen the crochet companion to the Hitchhiker? Hitchin' a Ride..
    Here's the link. I have been inchin' to do this one.
    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hitchin-a-ride

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's lovely....I'm so with you on following patterns, I found with something I made that the lines were so samey that I would look up to work and then look down and couldn't see where I was, so frustrating! I ended up folding the pattern after each line.

    Keep on it, your perseverance is already paying off!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hitchhiker is looking super, some colours are just a total pain to photograph

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very beautiful, it looks so soft!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow the colours are beautiful *and* I really love your little triangle edges, it's a little bit like bunting :-) I wouldn't say you were rubbish and knitting at all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh that's lush! I am in love with Riot too. There are lovely new colourways in now and there also in chunky too yum yum yum
    xx

    ReplyDelete