Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Ripplin' along...

Hello, just popping by to show you how my round ripple is progressing...


I was despairing that this week I wouldn't make any progress or have anything to show you because I've been having trouble with my shoulder.  I think it stemmed from carrying B around all the time last week rather than from my crafty endeavours, I certainly hope so.

Anyway, as you can see I have now finished the green (hooray) and the blue.  I like the green much better now that the blue is in place.  A kind person on the One A Day board described the colours as sherbet like  and I feel better about it now, I even like it again.  I managed 6 rounds in the end which really isn't too bad all things considered, especially as those rounds are getting longer and longer every time.

I am also turning my mind to my next project.  I love the African Flower motif and have had a few attempts at it over the last few months.  I find it hard to get the colours right and have tended to end up with eye burners like this...


However, my recent yarn shop expedition and close examination of the Stylecraft Greens led me to produce this, which has given me something to think about ...



But first that Granny Stripe which gazes at me reproachfully from it's slovenly heap in the living room sobbing "Please finish me, I am bright and happy and warm and I need to be loved and snuggled under, my sole purpose in life is being eroded and only you have the power to make me complete".

Fear not cozy Granny Stripe, you are next on my list and I will allow no floral motif to distract me.

For some lovely ideas why not pop over to Gingerbread Girls Blog to see other peoples projects.

21 comments:

  1. I think my ripple blanket says the same thing to me as your granny stripe!!!!!

    I just ADORE the round ripple and the colours you have used in the african flower are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your round ripple looks fantastic now, I´m still so much in love with it. I guess, I will make one too, when my blanket is finished.
    I like the colours of your african flower! The green makes a huge difference!
    I hope your shoulder will be better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloha! Mahalo for commenting! I love everything that you've shown on this post! What kind of yarn did you use for the African flowers?
    The hexagon pattern I'm using is from Lucy's Attic 24 blog. You can check there or go to my Kepanie Ravely project page for the 411.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way your colours seep into one another on your round ripple, fab, fab, fab. Your African flower looks exciting too, but you must do your stripe, then you can snuggle under it while you do the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your round ripple makes me beam! I completed one not long ago but it was in browns for a friend! I think your colours look absolutely fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The more colours you add to your round ripple, the more I love it, and I love that little bit of purple sneaking into it now :) You know, I really like both of your African flowers - they're both really pretty. Be strong though, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I just found your colorful little blog and spent some time here. I will come back to enjoy often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so in love with your star it's gorgeous and I love seeing it evolve!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The round ripple looks amazing - another one added to my queue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The round ripple looks amazing - another one added to my queue.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blanket is looking great, the blue has sort of blended the green in. I like the flower motifs too, even the bright one and am looking forward to seeing the granny stripe appear on the blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh the sherbet rainbow blanket, that would be a great name for it!! I must say the green is looking better each time I see it, and its looking really good with the blue and the purple you have introduced!

    I must say the second african flower has a much better colour combination than the first one for sure :)

    Awwwww yeah you need to give the stripey blanket some lovin'!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for your lovely comments everyone. Don't worry, once the ripple is finished the Granny Stripe will have it's moment of glory!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, everything is beautiful! I am also wanting to have a go at that African flower. It is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm loving the colours of your round ripple, your AF look beautiful, I love how you've used two colours for the flower petals. Have a good week.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just love your crochet especially the colours of the second flower

    Makes me want to try some African flowers but should really finish some of the projects I've started before any more begin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely African flowers!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, what wonderful colors all around! That round ripple is looking wonderful! I love the colors of both African Flower motifs, but the green one is especially beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the round ripple and you have my admiration if you can resist the distraction of the Afrcan flowers! I have a similar problem with Japanese flowers! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. your round ripple blanket is awesome! i love the addition of your new colour :)

    I love the african flower pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh! This is beautiful =-) It does indeed look like a delicious bowl of sherbet. Yum!

    ReplyDelete