Wednesday, 19 October 2011

Oh the frustration!!!

Hello

I just wanted to pop by to tell you why I have not been around this week.

In the last ten days (with a lot of help from my amazing in-laws) I have decorated the kitchen, had a new boiler and airing cupboard fitted, started to sort out the attic, had a couple of evenings out and applied for a job.  It's been brilliant in that things are coming together but a bit mad.  I have also finished my Granny Stripe and a scarf and made good progress on my round ripple, I am now thinking about edges and ends.

I only started blogging a few weeks ago but it has become a really important part of how I switch off and I am really missing it.  My blog is most definitely my happy place, the manic rhythm of everyday life pauses when I am on here.  I will be back with a vengeance soon, hopefully with at least one significant finished object to show you, a new one a day underway, and an on-going knitting project.

In the mean time I am going to go back to reading everybody else's beautiful blogs and trying to take some good photos.  This is what my life is like at the moment....


lots of loose ends.

Perhaps the other wonderful people on Gingerbread Girls blog are a little less chaotic than me, I'll be having a look later.
X

13 comments:

  1. I LOVE your round ripple! Love it, love it, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a productive week. Your round ripple is fantastic, good luck sewing all those ends in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's is stunning!!! Loose ends can be sewn in, the stop everything unraveling (including life) ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers!!! Humdrum does not explain what's goin' on at your crib! Can you come over to my place and help me clean out this office room?
    I LOVE, LOVE your round ripple. I so want an excuse to make one but want to finish my youngest's hexagon blankie first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right, what was I thinking??? My life is anything but humdrum! I've gone back and changed my words, I was obviously thinking about something else entirely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your round ripple its so beautiful reminds me of spring :)
    you certainly have had a busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colours. Get those ends sewn it and it'll be peachy perfect!
    Kier x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratu;ations on getting so much done, it sounds like you have been super busy. Your blanket is looking gorgeous, but ends= ugh, I hate the finishing up parts! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Busy, busy - there must be something in the air I think. I've been doing lots of mad cleaning and moving furniture around too. And as for your beautiful round ripple - I see a couple of quiet evenings ahead of sewing in ends. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you are very busy! Although your blanket is coming along amazingly, though that is a lot of loose ends (my least favourite bit!hate sewing in ends).
    Hope we both get back into the rhythm of the bloggy world :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hehe! I hear ya! My life has been very chaotic this week as well. Swings and roundabouts I guess. Your blanket just looks gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what a busy busy bee you have been. How exciting to have decorated the kitchen, I love kitchen decorating you should so show us some lovely photos of the new kitchen. The round ripple is looking lovely, but ah the dreaded ends. ;)

    ReplyDelete