Wednesday, 14 September 2011

WIP Wednesday

Just a very quick one today because I showed you my main work in progress yesterday.

This scarf



is made with beautiful Manos Del Uruguay Maxima (Passion Flower).  This is fair-trade wool and I cannot recommend it highly enough.  The quality is superb.  A welcome change from the brightly coloured acrylics I have been using recently, though I enjoy these as well.  I also have two skeins of this in Grape Vine which I am pondering upon.  I think the green and purple might lend itself to becoming a monster, and it just so happens that I have a lovely book of knitted monsters, though they are way beyond my skills at the moment.

The pattern is called The Sinful Rib and is great because it knits up quickly and lies lovely and flat.  I do not think it is a yarn heavy as a straight rib, which as this wool is expensive is a good thing.  If you are interested in technical details then they are here.  I started this a long time ago but feel justified in calling it a work in progress again as I recently picked it up.

For more Wednesday WIPs why not pop over to Tami's Blog?

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, I'm so stupid, I just deleted all these comments! Thank you all so much for your kind works. I'm very happy with this scarf and it is very nearly a finished object.
    It is indeed the Rebecca Danger book of knitted monsters, I think I will be giving one a go very soon!

    ReplyDelete