Friday, 23 September 2011

Silly and Pointless Stuff Got Finished. Other stuff got left.

Hello all, this is a little later in the day than usual for me because I decided to wait for a decent photographer to come home before I wrote my post.  I am very pleased with my little finished object though because for the first time ever I made the pattern up myself!  Lots of these apple cozys have been popping up around the place so the other day I took out my hook and a ball of Peaches and Creme Cotton that has been lingering in my stash for a while and had a little go.  This is what emerged...


It was actually very easy, I can't remember exactly what I did but next time I do one (probably tonight or tomorrow) I am going to jot it all down.  I've got a few balls of the peaches and creme to use up and it is perfect for these projects.

Another member of the Hilly Town Gang is rather fond of apples...


I have had to hide it from him and the girls because I'm keeping this one!

I've also been having fun making silly and pointless felties this week.  I made one for each of the girls to attach to their school bags...


Owls seem to be very big news at the moment don't they?  I'm going to have a go at some different creatures next week.  The trouble with owls is that there are so many owly projects about that is hard to make them look original.  I prefer the one on the right for this reason, it's a little bit different to most of the ones you see.  Also the one on the left looks a little bit gormless and I don't think this is appropriate for an owl.  I think owls are a bit sinister, in a good way.  B loves her gormless owl though so that's fine with me!

Why not pop over to Tami's Blog and see the anything but silly and pointless projects that everybody else has been making so beautifully this week?

13 comments:

  1. I love owls and your little felties are super cute! The apple cosie is fun too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with your first attempt at designing. The apple cozy looks great, and I love the picture with your dog with his tongue out. So cute! I also really love the owls. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also been seeing the apple cosy around, I must say yours is awesome, and you have chosen very refreshing colours for it too!

    I must say the photo of your dog admiring the apple, is very amusing...its my favourite!

    Also your owls are amazing, and so bright!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it's so much fun to just...sit down and make your own pattern, especially when it works well, LOL! Your cozy is adorable. I love the colours, and the photographs were definitely worth the wait for the photographer, they're beautiful. :D

    I love the owls, too---a bit of bright cuteness is never pointless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your apple cozy! and the owls are ADORABLE. they may be silly finished objects, but I don't think they're pointless at all =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the apple cozy. So impressed that you made up the pattern as you went along, too. A whole bunch of these in a pretty bowl would be perfect for autumn. The owls are so cute and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funnily enough I started my bowl of apples in cozy coats last night. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little felties are adorable. Your daughters will always be able to look at them and know that you love them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooo so sweet those little owlies! They are just lovely. Your apple cozy is really sweet too.
    Love
    Tickety-boo
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree with you about the owls! What a cute FO Friday post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your post title, sounds like much of my life! The owls are very cute and I kinda like the idea of a gormless owl - at least he's unique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love your felt owls, they are too cute! Your apple cozy it great too, I'm impressed you just made the pattern up off the cuff. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hilly! Your apple/peach cosy is sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete